JLT Cold Air Intake Review

WANNA_BE_GT

Founding Member
Aug 5, 2000
Seattle WA USA
Now, I am sure that if I didn't do this install at night and in the cold (regardless that I had tons of light) I would have had a bit more patience with this kit. Now that is the morning after, it has given me the ability to "cool off".

Pro's: All pro's come after the install. This care pulls so very hard now. She is definitely becoming a contender. I can't wait for the gears, that will really bring her to life. On the freeway, it is hard not to do 80+. :)

Cons: Let's see here. The install was a total pain in my hide. Dissasembling the wheel well was semi-painful. Biggest pain was of course the 90 degree adapter for the MAF. OMG! When people told me this would be difficult, I didn't expect that you had to STRETCH the stupid adapter 1/2 an inch. You have got to be kidding me! :mad: But, that's not all, the fitment was extremely tight. It was a fight for nearly 2.5 hours just to get the thing to sit in their properly. For some reason the firewall plate wouldn't want to line up properly after that, so another half hour goes by working on that. Then, the MAF electrical didn't want to make the stretch, even after the mods in the instructions were complete, this ate up yet another 1/2 hour. Then, I had to put everything back together. :eek:

Thank you drive through please :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking about maybe picking a JLT up myself for the GT, but the short Ram version and not the fenderwell one I believe which you got Corey. However, I'm not sure if I want to spend the cash on it, because I've decided to go a different route where the intake isn't needed as much in the long run ;-) But I'm glad to hear that the end result went well.

had the engine bay jlt kit on my 03 cobra, pos. used it for a week and then sold it for a k&n fipk.

much better fit from it. ive heard the cold air fenderwell kits are twice as hard as what i had too. :mad:

I put the JLT Intake on my truck with a SCT Tune package it came with and the power increase was 30 rwh and 40 rwt and it definately feels like it. Power is awsome now. I had the 12 inch in fender JLT on my 03cobra and it was sweet but you better check your air fuel now because with my cobra in put me over the edge and had to go with 60lb injectors because she was leaning out with all that extra air and couldnt tune in anymore fuel and I was running a kennybell boost a pump maxed out and she still was lean on the big end without the bigger fuel injecters but this was on a supercharged motor a N/A Motor you might be ok but I'd still check your air /fuel

I put the JLT Intake on my truck with a SCT Tune package it came with and the power increase was 30 rwh and 40 rwt and it definately feels like it. Power is awsome now. I had the 12 inch in fender JLT on my 03cobra and it was sweet but you better check your air fuel now because with my cobra in put me over the edge and had to go with 60lb injectors because she was leaning out with all that extra air and couldnt tune in anymore fuel and I was running a kennybell boost a pump maxed out and she still was lean on the big end without the bigger fuel injecters but this was on a supercharged motor a N/A Motor you might be ok but I'd still check your air /fuel

The car doesn't feel like it is leaning out too bad. Bone stock the a/f was 11:1 across the board, so I think I'd be lucky to be 13:1 now.