June 5.0....315's in the back...anyone see that?

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure your buddy is running a 315 on 17x9's? Nitto recommends running a 275 on 9"-11" rim and for the 315's a 10.5"-12". The only reason I'm asking is that I would love to run a 315 on my 17x9's and I also having trouble thinking that it is possible to squeeze that size tire on that size rim.

I also have the 315 nitto DR on the back of my fox with 17 by 9's with tail pipes and it is also lowered. I beat the inner fender quite a bit but I could still beat it in more. I'll have to when I do a 5-lug conversion for the 17 by 10.5's that I have sittin in the garage. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

Please excuse the dirt and such I use the stang as a daily here in Washington and we get rain here about 9-10 months every year.
dmar360.jpg

dmar358.jpg

dmar357.jpg

dmar356.jpg

dmar354.jpg

dmar355.jpg

No hood clearance issues but no spacer either I believe. He also does not have tails on right now, but I sold him my 3" Flowmaster ones which should bolt right in. They cleared my 285s with ease, and his tires are only slightly wider.

I was at my friends house last night, wanted to say this...

His intake did hit his hood with no spacer. He had to cut a portion of the hood structure out after it cut up the intake. It fits now, but didn't without work.

I was at my friends house last night, wanted to say this...

His intake did hit his hood with no spacer. He had to cut a portion of the hood structure out after it cut up the intake. It fits now, but didn't without work.

Thanks for following up. I'm glad you did. I thought I heard of that happening with the RPM II's. How much of the hood did he have to cut out?

He cut out a small little section of the bracing. Probably the width of the brace (2-3" or so) and maybe 4-5" wide. After that he said it fit fine. We just started the car last night with the T trim. Should be pretty nasty, AFR165s, that intake, cam and a T trim making 12-13 psi to start :D.

He cut out a small little section of the bracing. Probably the width of the brace (2-3" or so) and maybe 4-5" wide. After that he said it fit fine. We just started the car last night with the T trim. Should be pretty nasty, AFR165s, that intake, cam and a T trim making 12-13 psi to start :D.

I've had my car for seven years and have just finished the supporting parts. Now its time for another set of tires. I'm dying to get to the next step which would be heads, cam, mass air, injectors, fuel upgrades, and a tune. So we're talking a pretty heavy investment for the next step. It feels like its taking forever. Your buddy sounds like he's right where I want to be finishing up on my car with H/C/I, and a supercharger. I'll be happy with the H/C/I for a while once I get there. Your buddy's car is an awesome example of a nicely modded Fox.

What cam did he choose?

I may end up going with the 315. It looks so much more agressive than the 275. It will just be a matter of whether or not I feel like rolling the inner fenders or not. Thanks for the replies.