Just bought my Megasquirt Stand Alone ECU

RyanSG

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2002
Allentown, Pa
hey guys, i just ordered megasquirt tonight since i';m tired of the BS and not knowing wats going on with the stock computer etc.... I was wondering if anyone else here has used it and any information about how to go about getting a base map etc. I'm running about 13psi on the turbo right now the rest is in the sig.... If you guys know of a base map that i could start with let me know, or any information about getting started etc..... I know ppl are starting to use it more and more on turbomustangs.com bu i wanted to see what everyone here knows about it as well! Thx!

• Sponsors (?)

almost done.....

yeah the megasquirt system is bank to bank if thats what you mean..... however it seems like not to many people have used the MS2 and v3.0board on mustangs of my year with the TFI.... So it'll be interesting to see if it runs right... Harness is all redone and installed and now i'm just hooken stuff back up and time to set the sensors etc.. i'll keep U all updated then on how she's workin.... or not workin :rolleyes: lol

From what I understand:
With multiport injection during full throttle the injector is open for as much as 80% of the time. Meaning that it's open when the intake valve is closed anyway.

Multiport is only better when it comes down to low RPM/low throttle use.

How is the install going Ryan?

hey guys, well the install is done! My FPR was fuzunked and messing everything all up but i got it running with the 50lb/hr injectors. Just gotta road tune it whithin the next few days. I'm running a t70 60mm turbo with a .84 exhaust a/r and .70 compressor a/r. I get 13 psi at 3K(ish) but i would lean out at 9psi so i would have to back off asap but it has went to 13 by 3k for a veeerrryyy short time (damn detonation) Which is why i went to stnd alone fuel managment. So far so good with everythin though!