just curious, do yalls a/c's work??

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
Between the Red and Rio
Both of my stang's a/c's suck.. The 95 won't hold refrigerant, the lines leak and at the moment air will only blow through the defrost. On the 90 model, well I guess that was my dumb mistake... I
charged it w/ r134a and guess that was its demise. But I also believe the lines were leaking... Ford a/c's... dang

• Sponsors (?)

The A/C on the Cobra blew nice and cold until last year when the compressor quit working. I can turn it on, but you never hear the clutch kicking in on either A/C or defrost.

Air only blowing through the defrost is due to a break in a small vacuum line that runs along the firewall. It hooks into the vacuum tree on the driver's fender and runs along the seam on the firewall to the right side, where it goes through the firewall into the passenger compartment. Check the plastic line for cracks. As to A/C, I just had my GT recharged and it blows nice and cold.

mine worked mint til I disconnected it last year. I was always amazed that it never lost a charge and worked and yet I never touched it, nor used it much from the day I bought it in 97.

Hell yeah mine works. Georgia gets hot. I will never own a car without working AC. I had to change the clutch on it one time and the valves, but other than that it's all original.

Kurt

Hell yeah mine works. Georgia gets hot. I will never own a car without working AC. I had to change the clutch on it one time and the valves, but other than that it's all original.

Kurt

I passed on several mustangs because they had no AC. No way I could ever enjoy my car in Georgia heat without it.

Joe

Yeah, mine used to do that if I was sitting in traffic. Bigger thermostat, bigger radiator, and a high flow water pump fixed it. Sometimes if it's really hot it will still creep up to 210 even with all that.

Kurt

Mine has never leaked or stopped working in the 14 years we've owned it and still blows ice cold (although it takes a little longer for it to cool down these days). Now that I've said that, it will probably die this weekend.

I spent about $500+ tracking down all new Ford OEM A/C components to reinstall it into my '88....including enough R-12 to refill it 3 times (just because i was finding deals on cans).

I'm spoiled by my daily driver. No way can I not own a car without A/C ever again.