Just got done making a custom camera mount. Does some pretty cool angles.

iwashmycar said:
ya the falling....they are kinda expensive

couldnt you eliminate some wind noise by fabbing up a "wind-sheild" for the little mic hole in the camera?.....heck maybe a windsheild for the whole thing hahaha..

You know... I was just talk'n about that with another friend. Im no camera expert so.... :shrug:

I do realize news crews put cloth over their mics... I wonder if that would help.. Im not about go fabbing glass.

• Sponsors (?)

K, tried the saran wrap.. put in on the cam and spun in circles singing... I could hear my singing... and NO WIND NOISE... BUT it sounds like a thousand chip munks are snikering in the backgroud... Saran wrap makes noise itself.. i didnt think about that.

Its a neat idea but I wouldn't trust it outside the car. If you wanted to use it in car and you have a sun roof you could mount it upside down or make a new braket that would allow you to stick it to the sun roof glass.

Meh, yea... It kinda scares me too.. but you guys should be here to see how well it holds... Could prolly use it as a dent remover too :rlaugh:

But, just mounting it in the car would defeat the purpose of making it... anyone can just put a cam in a car... putting it on the outside without hurting the paint is a different story..

either way, I dont trust it to do anyting *high speed* just yet...

My buddy mentioned using a small web cam attached to a cable feeding straight to my laptop in the car... that way I could grab as much footage as I want and if it fell off the cable would keep it fround hitting the ground.. plus those only weigh a few onces so they more than likely wont kill the sunction power.. i dunno...

I have one of those pensil sharpeners, and I know how strongly they hold, but I also know how unpredictable they can be when it comes to holding still. I've been sharpening a pensil and had the thing come lose so I end up punching the table lol.

With the web cam idea, if the suction cup comes lose your web cam will swing the suction cup into the side of the car, and the suction cup has that nice metal lever to mess up your paint.

795.0pacecar said:
I have one of those pensil sharpeners, and I know how strongly they hold, but I also know how unpredictable they can be when it comes to holding still. I've been sharpening a pensil and had the thing come lose so I end up punching the table lol.

With the web cam idea, if the suction cup comes lose your web cam will swing the suction cup into the side of the car, and the suction cup has that nice metal lever to mess up your paint.

Hmmm.... in that case...

Please Send me $800 via paypal so I can buy the "appropriate" equipment :rlaugh:

Meh, I understand what ur saying.. and agree. Like I said, it scares me too and I wont be using it for anything other than just the interesting angle.. nothing high speed.. nothing jerky.

STOP RAINING ON MY PARADE D@MN IT :mad:

lol j/k man, :p

lol i don't even know what kind of pencil sharpeners u are talking about.wrap that metal rod in some heavy duty tape with some cushioning, better yet do the hole wrig like that. can u say ghetto.

grey5.0beast said:
lol i don't even know what kind of pencil sharpeners u are talking about.wrap that metal rod in some heavy duty tape with some cushioning, better yet do the hole wrig like that. can u say ghetto.

My entire life has revolved around my ghetto engineering skills. I have no money, but I got a little bit of imaginating.. put the two together and you got ghetto devices coming ur way. :nice:

poneypower89 said:
Hmmm.... in that case...

Please Send me $800 via paypal so I can buy the "appropriate" equipment :rlaugh:

Meh, I understand what ur saying.. and agree. Like I said, it scares me too and I wont be using it for anything other than just the interesting angle.. nothing high speed.. nothing jerky.

STOP RAINING ON MY PARADE D@MN IT :mad:

lol j/k man, :p

LOL just trying to save you some aggrivation. I hope it works well though. I was under the impression that this is something that you might use at the race track.

795.0pacecar said:
LOL just trying to save you some aggrivation. I hope it works well though. I was under the impression that this is something that you might use at the race track.

Oh no.. not at the tack... The officials would never let me do that anyways.. not with a sunction cup :rlaugh:

I've actually got a head rest mount for inside car views for the track and a bunch of friends/family to shoot from the outside... I can deal without *cool* angle for track vids... they are supposed to be somewhat plain IMO anyways...

But, I mean.. the contraption can/does make for some coo angles... but its not like u can use it for much else... any shot it takes wouldnt be that great for anything real involved anyways, because it would miss a lot of action. IE Its just a standard mount location so trying to film a race against another car with it would just leave a lot of stuff out..

speedytang said:
Instead of a suction cup use a Welders Magnet that is used for Ground with felt on the bottom. I have one that cost $12 and holds 450 ftlbs. Never comes off.

I thought about that... was afraid of the fact I would HAVE to slide the thing off... which would scratch the paint... felt or not.