Just got my new stang (CD player issues and tick at high RPMs) whats up with it?

SUP EVERYBODY

so i just picked up my first stang, 94 gt iv always been a chevy guy but the mustang turned me and the ford ranger haha, but its one bad car i love it so far its got 131k miles and seems to be running and driving good, and i plan on putting some money into it but first i wanna see if its a good platform or if i should just sell it and try and find a better car

but the only things im coming across right now are

THE CD PLAYER (radio works fine, awesome system with radio at top and cd player on bottom) radio works and looks like the cassett player even works but i cant figure out how to get the CD PLAYER to do anything, i mean the lights come on all around it but the screen on the cd player is blank and it hasnt done anything since i got it, i tried looing in the owners manual and they just said cd player is on when high performance electronic adio system is on or something (basiscly didint tell me **** haha) but i was hoping you guys could tell me whats up? i checked it out and people have been saying maby the fuse is out or something but idk i just wanna play my cd haha

and the other thing that iv found thats kinda worrying me is when i get on it real hard (drive it like your supposed to) it sometimes gets a tick tick tick real quick and pretty noticible, not really a knock or anything but more of a tick tick tick real rapid, im trying to figure out what it is and why it only does it in the high RPMs so if anybody can help me out id appriciate it, maby lifters? or i was told it needed a thow out barring but it doesnt rattle or tick when clutch is out or in so idk

but yah i know you guys out there know your **** and im new to mustangs and fords so lemme know whats up with my new baby hahaha

• Sponsors (?)