I Need Help... Fox Body Jerks And Stutters

I had a Jeep Cherokee that did the same exact thing, and would have difficulty starting intermittently. The culprit was the ground line to the motor. It had a loop style connector that should have been connected to the head with a bolt, and instead was just barely connected by sticking the loop over the end of a valve cover stud. Any time the vehicle would shake, the motor would lose power, because the connection was bullsht.
Your problem sounds more like a bad wiring connection than anything else.
I would start by checking the ground strap connection. If that's good, then I would start the motor, open the hood, and start wiggling electrical connectors and wires. Disconnect and inspect any bad connection. Don't be afraid to remove wire wraps to inspect individual wiring in a grouping. Clean the connections and replace any wires with damaged insulation. Rewrap the wire groups with good wraps. Also, make sure the wires are plumbed correctly, in the proper mounting points, and not just dangling free. If they aren't, they could short out against anything they come into contact with.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Ive checked all the grounds and they all have power.

I bought some 9mm universal ignition wires. Maybe there arching out on the shorty bbk headers i got

If that doest cure it. I know a guy who knows efi 5.0 fox body mustangs like the back of his head. And put my car on a dyno and see whats making this happen

Ive checked all the grounds and they all have power.

I bought some 9mm universal ignition wires. Maybe there arching out on the shorty bbk headers i got

If that doest cure it. I know a guy who knows efi 5.0 fox body mustangs like the back of his head. And put my car on a dyno and see whats making this happen

when it is dark out lift the hood and see if you can see the arcing - you can also mist some water on the wires and see if they arc.

Reactions: 1 user
If they aren't supported by insulated looms, and come close to touching the valve cover at all (or anything metal, period) that's likely the culprit

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Current problem is the same thing as the first comment. My 5.0 fox body mustang. The tach will drop down 500 rpms and go back to normal. It will be instant too. It will start up just perfect. But while cruising it will buck and jerk. Even if i have the throttle set at between 1500 rpms and 3000 rpms while in neautral it will do it.

While full throttle it wont do it. Or idle it wont do it. But cruising it will.

I have done everything. Im probably going to take it too a dyno shop a good buddy of mine knows these cars like the back of his hand.

But if you guys can redirect me or point something out. I would love too take a look and see whats happening