Just installed new intake, help me fix problems please

• Sponsors (?)

If you reinstalled the distributor 180 degrees out, it would backfire through the intake and wouldn't run at all. You are correct, clock wise advances, counter retards. Your idle sounds fine. Unless it's dying or it's hunting really bad, it's fine. It's something lots of people have had to live with when they modify their EFI Mustangs.

Nick

ummm...okay there is an intake that was installed....if you are still smelling coolant and there is nothing leaking out from underneath the car... you must be burning it up if you are burning coolant with your air/fuel mixture it can cause your car to run real crappy...... i would check the intake gaskets and definately set the tps and base timing.......

Umkay, I found the/a coolant leak. It is coming out of one of the copper pipes coming out of the firewall that coolant goes into. The pipe is really easy to move around and I think it is messed up inside the firewall or something. Is this the heater core or something else?

hey did you ever change your oil after the intake swap? that is very important and could be part of the problem somehwere. could be that weird smell u are smelling.
u are supposed to change the oil cuz when u pop the lower intake, radiator fluid gets down to the oil through the passages and thats the end of your oil. dont want that stuff circulating through your system. also check to make sure your PCV screen is installed and the line is put in completely. i completely forgot to install it and got a vac leak from hell. the car would not start correctly LOL!

I found out what that smell was, it was coolant dripping on to my header and valve cover, it would burn instantly leaving a delicious smell.

I didn't change my oil and I did install the PCV valve screen.

dude i had the same problems with my built 302 when i put my bcam in there. It was a vaccuum leak. Heres what we did. We had the same problems like hunting idle and crap, it sounded like a top fuel dragster idling in my driveway lol. We took some silicon pray and sprayed it near the back of the lower intake and the motor idled great for about 2 seconds then back to crap again, then we sprayed a light mist of water in the same spot and the engine bogged down a bit. We did the same test to the front of the lower intake and it turned out that the crappy Mr. Gasket seals had slipped and caused a major vaccuum leak on the front and back of the lower intake. We took the whole intake back off (damn it was i pissed) and yes they had slipped. I went out and bought some felpro gaskets (yey felpros rock) and loaded them up with gasket silicon and let them tack up a little then carefully lowered the intake back down and started her up. A beautiful sound of nice Bcam idling and killer response was heard on the whole block (lol flowmaster 1 chambers w/side pipes) I really think its a vaccuum leak and some other minor crap like your TPS. Any questions ?

-yey collector's plates coming next month, bye echeck