Just ordered my suspension. In need of suggestions

Background information: 90k miles on the car and I haven't touched any part of the suspension since I've had her (6 years). I'm looking for the car to handle well, so a drag setup is not what I want.

Alright, so I just ordered the following items:

- H&R Super Sport Springs
- Tokico HP struts/shocks
- MM Caster/Camber Plates
- MM full length subframe connectors

Would I regret it if I didn't put in the extra cash to get a bumpsteer kit, new bushings, lower/upper control arms, etc.? Anything else I might need?

These have been sitting in my garage for a week (rubber: 285/35-18s rear 265/35-18 front) and I've been dying to get them on.

View attachment 221530

:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, nice of you to come back to these parts! Sounds like you got your **** together and put together a pretty decent suspension combo. If you have the money the only thing I would suggest is the control arms. I drove my buddy's 97' vert before and after installing boxed upper and lower CA's and there was a huge difference not only in putting power to the ground, but lateral cornering as well. UPR has some good deals on some decent sets if you don't have money for MM parts. Good luck man.

Wow, nice of you to come back to these parts! Sounds like you got your **** together and put together a pretty decent suspension combo. If you have the money the only thing I would suggest is the control arms. I drove my buddy's 97' vert before and after installing boxed upper and lower CA's and there was a huge difference not only in putting power to the ground, but lateral cornering as well. UPR has some good deals on some decent sets if you don't have money for MM parts. Good luck man.

haha I know. Now that I'm done with school and working, I can focus all of my attention on the stang. I've neglected her for too long. I'll look into those UPR control arms.

I wouldnt waste $$$ on the bumpsteer ford seems to have that pretty good even when lowered... maybe order some new sway bar end links.. only a $20 upgrade while your in there:shrug:

I'll second that. I did that in my old '95, and it was a noticeable difference. You can even get them most of the time at Autozone from Energy Suspension.

Awesome. I'll check those out. :nice:

And for some reason i have trouble finding this link and i always loose it... so im posting it here...

Front Sway Bar End Links & Bushings

i measured mine for the correct length... not the best pic
IMG_0718.jpg

i would do at least LCAs if you have the cash for them. they will really help plant the rear during any acceleration. unless you need a bumpsteer kit, its not worth buying it IMO. i was going to get one when i swapped out my rack but when i was looking at it, i really didn't need to adjust it and i wasn't having any bumpsteer.

i would do at least LCAs if you have the cash for them. they will really help plant the rear during any acceleration. unless you need a bumpsteer kit, its not worth buying it IMO. i was going to get one when i swapped out my rack but when i was looking at it, i really didn't need to adjust it and i wasn't having any bumpsteer.

Thanks for the info. I've heard awesome reviews on how much lcas help with traction.

Something to keep in mind. If you need to prioritize funds, do things up front first. The front suspension is much harder to take apart, and you have to get the car aligned everytime you mess with it. The rear suspension is a piece of cake, so it's easy to go back and change things like upper and lower control arms back there later on. It's not a bad idea to change out some wear items up front, like the control arm bushings and ball joints. Make sure you gob the grease on between those bushings. Definately do the sway bar end links up front, they wear out quick, and replacements are cheap. The bump steer kit doesn't honestly help that much, but the outer tie rod ends notoriously go bad on our cars. It's not a whole lot more money to just go ahead and upgrade to the bumpsteer kit over replacing with stock outer tie rods.

Kurt