just picked up a 87 lx 5.0 t5 after a few years of chebbies, good to be back

• Sponsors (?)

IMAG2330.jpg

IMAG2307.jpg

IMAG2308.jpg

The Bronco, '78 or '79? Can't see the head lights well enough to tell. Is it yours? It looks good from what little I can see. And, good to know you're ok. The car is pretty much screwed I would imagine. Throw a fox into a ditch hard enough and it'll tweak the body to where it won't ever sit right.

What happen? Freeway traffic?
Yup, merging on to the highway (70 mph) and the stupid bitch in front of me slowed down to 35. I was making sure that it was clear to my left to merge, and when I looked up, it was too late. Locked my breaks up and smashed into the back of her pickup truck.

got the new car home tonight. the swap begins. so the car has the following:
flaming river manual rack, jeggster subframe connectors, full cage, fuel cell, race seat, harness, cobra front suspension i guess, nice strutts, and manual brake cylinder not sure why lost the plug for the hood scoop when they towed it home. the rear end is like 3.08 gears i guess it had a strange axle and this was just swapped in, so i have 4 and 5 lug. im going to strip the wrecked car and scrap it.
Things i want to change:
I want to swap dashes but cage is in the way.
steering wheel to the 87 one
switch to 87 qrter glass
87 rear bumper cover
maybe put the gt seats in it
87 + front end, need bumper cover
put wipers back in it
maybe gas tank I dont know

I want a drivable car. of course i might just go carbbed and put some 289 heads on it and leave it mostly how it is

Damn, I was on page 1 of this thread rolling through the progress and now it's gone. Luckily you walked away from that plus you made a some money.

Anyway, don't do carb, a 4-eye FOX with fuel injection is the way to go especially if you want to driver it regularly. Swap your drivetrain out of the wrecked LX into the new DD and fix the exterior. Worry about the motor and mods later. That's what I'd do.

I know the crash was a while ago but man you are lucky, couple more feet over and it could've gotten serious, at least you made out on the car. You went from a project to a PROJECTTTT. You gonna put an interior in that thing?

yea real lucky, i got hit in my first mustang on the passenger door and the door came in all the way same type of crash too but slower speed.
I want to swap in one of my 87 dashes but the cage is in the way. how the hell do they get the cage in these cars if its already welded up?
I think the race seat weighs more than the stock ones. i would probably use my seats and center counsel but not my blue carpet. im going to strip everything off the black car and scrap the hulk. but i want to keep the white car as light as possible so it just depends. its a major project for sure. i dont even think i have fuel lines and the rear brakes arent hooked up. i need to add back power brakes too

any opinions on what carb, intake and cam i should run?

I think you should move everything out of the black car into the 86. 86's were fuel injected..why not? THEN.. put those turbos in you've been showing off...:)

I've had half a dozen foxes and my current one is the first EFI car I've had, and I love it. Can't believe I waited this long to get one, and excited about force feeding it..