just picked up a 87 lx 5.0 t5 after a few years of chebbies, good to be back

Keep up the good work then! Very glad to see that you got the engine/trans in!! Don't mean to knock stickers, just IMO don't like them unless you got a full blown racecar.
before i got it it was. i guess it had a 429 big block, strange rearend... hence maunal rack, manual brakes, driveshaft loop, subframe connectors, springs and a arms and fuel cell and 6 point cage race seat 5 point harness and gutted inside. Im trying to change as little as possible and just get it rolling. i would have never put stickers on it, but then again i wouldnt have put that crazy hood scoop on it. you should see how much rubber is balled up in the rear fenderwells, its insane. i was eating rubber dust doing the rear stuff:)

• Sponsors (?)

getting pretty close, got the radiator all set up, found a solution for running just my alternator n waterpump. got the wiring for the headlights that was missing, got 3 headlights and buckets which were missing too. gas tank is out of the black car ready to go in the 86. spliced into the chopped dash harness, headlight and key turns over motor. lots of rewiring had to be done. next i have to figure out the turn signals, they are there but cut off a few inches from the lights, tach and oil pressure and temp too still need to be done. then the trans wires, speedo cable is missing, install clutch and gas pedals. If i want a heater i have to figure out how to pull the dash which is trapped against the cage. theres still alot of work left

IMAG2717.jpg

IMAG2723.jpg

IMAG2732.jpg

IMAG2727.jpg

I'm still in love with that Bronco...
And I run long tubes with full 3 inch exhaust. I personally think it sounds good. I just don't know why most people run 2.5
$2000 and im sure my roomate would sell it. its had alot of work done to it. i call it the boomerang. he has sold it atleast 5 times, and always gets it back because people dont wanna pay for gas, so alot of our friends have had it. the last guy traded a sentiment item for it added more lift and 35s, redid the pos 400m and trade back a year later. it doesnt get driven much. if u really love it ill post better pics of it for ya:) and people run 2.5 and 2 1/4 exhaust kits over the 3 cus they are cheaper, only reason

^Agreed. That car looks really good with those wheels on it. I'm impressed, man. Good save on a 4 eye. I wish I still had the ones I let go.

in n out dash animal style

IMAG2763.jpg

IMAG2776.jpg

IMAG2779.jpg

im done messing with the wires and im running all the 87 stuff and putting in a heaterbox and plus i have a 140 speedo and there was no dash pad for the 86 anyways.
headed to sacramento for the weekend so hopefully ill be all motivated when i get back monday

finally swapped in my clutch pedal and firewall adjuster and quadrant as well as the missing gas pedal. got just about every wiring harness switched over from the 87 car and the heater box in and the dash was super tricky but i got it in. tomorrow ill put in the other steering column and the rest of the dash along with the 140 speedo and probably both mustang seats. so really all i have left is i have to cut out the spare tire area on the 87 and weld it in where they cut for the 5-8 gal fuel cell i removed. they cut where the gas tank straps go. also i messed up the fuel lines from the 87 car and they dont want to route right so im not sure what im going to do. wonder if i can just switch to high pressure fuel line? i should be driving it pretty soon

well its free so im picking it up. i have a feeling it will come in hand sooner or later regardless.

Please don't put that aero nose on that 4 eye car. Look, man I have a 92 lx and I love it, but keep the 86 looking like an 86. They're getting so rare it's almost a sin to convert them. Sell the aero fron clip and buy a new hood for the 86, or even better just remove the ghey scoop and get one that belongs there. You could probably pick up a used scoop cheap.

It is your car, and what you do with it is your business, bottom line... But a lot of people love those 4 eyes and hate to see one butchered. Myself included.

Reactions: 1 user