just put in some HID's

• Sponsors (?)

I am almost certain that OEM HID lights are mounted on a motorized gimbel mount. They adjust to the proper angle when the car is started in order to keep from blinding the on-coming vehicles. When I start my car in the garage the lights turn on and quickly point up and then down, then settle at the correct level based upon the ride height/ angle of the car. My past two DD both had HID lights and IMO they are far superior to any other light. The headlights of my current DD a 5 series BMW turn with the front wheels as I enter a corner. Works great, I just hope they keep working and doesn't break, no doubt it would be expensive to repair.

These HID you have didn't require mods to the headlight buckets? I've seen others that require cutting a large hole due to the depth of the housing.

Not all HID's are auto leveling like in your BMW. Also not all HID's have AFS which is the left and right motion you're noticing.

I retro'd a set of Lexus RX HID's into my 2008 Subaru Legacy and I plan on retroing a set of Acura TL Bixenon's into my Mustang. I for one can't stand the low light output of standard halogen lights but that's because I'm now spoiled with them in my DD.

My DD has HID headlights w/ a scatter shield and the visibility at night is great. If they are not so bright to oncoming traffic I would be interested.

BTW, your wheels look awesome! I love how the wheels coordinate w/ your stipe color. I wouldn't bother w/ new wheels. I can't think of another wheel that would look as nice!:nice:

Been there done that. Although at first I thought it was a nice way to upgrade the looks of my car, it was not worth it. I have yet to see an HID retro fit kit that works as true oem HIDs work. I was better off installing those new Sylvania head lamps onto the car.

let me know what email or number to call u at,
im in san jose, ca.
would like to try out some Quality HID's..not the cheap crap on EBAY.
HID's are tight, i got them in both my new school cars and they are of course modern and lovely.
let me know..please email me back at;

[email protected]

thanks,
Nate