Just Scored a 427FE Highriser for my 67

I just bought a 427 sideoiler with high riser heads and a dual 4 intake. Along with the deal was 2 sets of medium riser heads and a mechanical fuel injection set up for high riser heads. I will be selling the extra heads and injection. I was building a 383W (yes 383 ford) for my 67 Mustang coupe witch I also will be selling. My question is does anyone here have a 427 in their 67/68 Mustang? I would like to install a overdrive auto but I don't think there are any options available. I am new to the FE world so any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I have done a few big block installs in ford cars

There is a company called Lentech that machines the bell off an AOD and has there own FE spicific bell. Or you can go with Peformance Automatic as they have a FE bell that lets you use a C4 or with an adapter ring use GM trans. Also ATI now has a FE bell that lets you use GM trans behind FE ford motors.
On a side note you may want to keep the medium riser heads and sell the high risers. High riser heads are a little taller than other ford haeds and with pent roof style valve covers you may run into master cylinder clearence issues. Scott