K-member questions

softballnrd27

Aug 8, 2011
I am swapping my 4cyl out for a V8 and I am looking at 3 different k-members and would like some feedback on them.
I will drive the car on the street more than the strip. So far I have looked at Maximum Motorsports(pricey but beefy), UPR, and AJE(both priced fairly well). Are there other/better options out there? Once again I will drive this on the street alot.

• Sponsors (?)

A lot of street driving and some strip(maybe 10-12 times a year). I would like the car to handle well on the street and hook at the track. I don't need the car to be road race worthy but also not too "spongy" in the not straight driving.

So, you've gotten two votes for UPR. One from someone that sell's their products and one from someone that they sponsor. Not exactly unbiased opinions. I'd suggest you do a little research on the various forums, especially Corral.net, and find out what other people have to say about them, their products and their customer service.

Personally, I feel that Maximum Motorsports makes the highest quality parts in the industry. You get what you pay for.

I used their products long before I became a dealer, and I wouldnt sell something I would use on my own car that I would carry my wife and kids in.

The MM piece is nice, just heavier which doesnt mean stronger, and a little more expensive.

The UPR stuff is welded by a high end fab shop in FL....top notch.

in my honest opinion if u r hardcore into road racing/ max.motorsports or griggs stuff is best
street strip up cant deny the quality of any of the companies out today upr, pa racing,team z,racecraft they all make great pieces. I just preferred upr and asked them to help ouy on my car. I will install any of the above manufacturers part above at my shop they all make top notch stuff

+1 for UPR from a guy not sponsored by them. Fits nice, looks nice, works nice, saves weight.

Maybe the MM piece would stiffen the car more... I couldn't tell ya. What I can tell ya is that the UPR K-member has significantly cleaned up the engine bay down there and made things easier to get to. I drive my car 90% on the street. That said, I've only put 1-2k miles on my car since I went to this K-member.

Chris

So what you are saying is you need a k member, it's not that you just want one.
Me personally i think unless it's necessary and you have done every other mod possible to make power, they aren't worth the money.

If i had to buy another one, Maximum motorsports, regardless of cost.

AJE's customer service sucks, so did their k member fitment.
I promissed them after they refused to replace mine (100% their fault not mine) i would do my best to prevent anyone from buying another one of their products. I plan on keeping that promise.
BTW, i'm not the only one that had my same issues.