King Cobra clutch

PFA

Jun 25, 2001
Michigan
Is there any physical way to tell if you have a KC clutch? The one that came with the car I bought, is suppose to be a KC. The engine and clutch are out of the car right now, the way I bought it. I just want to tell if it is or not... somewhat wishful thinking that it could possibly be. I just don't know if it is suppose to have a stamping on the clutch or press. plate or what.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

on the outside of the pressure plate it should be marked with the following # M-7563-C302N this # makes it a king cobra clutch. All ford clutches that I know of are marked on the outside of the pressure plate not sure of the markings on the disc itself.

Lol yes...what he said.

I have one in my car....never again.

I've heard good things about the Super King Cobra clutch. It's an aftermarket clutch...and very light.

also the disc # would be M-7550-A302N. I have the KC and it's stiffer but not so much that I would say it's unusable. I like how it grabs and it's not an overly aggressive clutch which is good for a T5, but I would have been interested in the super KC by anderson like Mike mentioned, but my clutch needs would be way down the road now.

Mike, I run a SKC (aka HD. This should require more effort than a KC AFAIK Mike). It's made by Valeo, the OEM supplier. It's holds nicely but the pedal effort is a bit much if you are in stop and go.

I went from a ram stock replacement clutch from o'reilley's to a super king cobra from valeo and the pedal feel is PHENOMENALLY lighter. I read up on it and it said like 60% of a stock clutch's pedal feel. Very nice clutch and I got it for dirt cheap off of ebay.