Knocking At Passenger Side Front Tire

1989LXFOX

Jan 19, 2018
Hello all,

I have eiback lowering springs so the car has been dropped about 1.5". When ever I hit a bump I hear a knocking coming from the passenger side front tire. I also noticed that the tire there rubs and knocks when someone is sitting in passenger side. I have caster camber plates too. Any ideas? I am sure its something simple.

• Sponsors (?)

Front of control arm.

You can see the sway bay end link here in front of the blue coil spring. Steering rack is not connected to the spindle in this photo.
DSC_0543.JPG

Front of control arm.

You can see the sway bay end link here in front of the blue coil spring. Steering rack is not connected to the spindle in this photo.
DSC_0543.JPG
The sway bars look fine. I was told it may be a bad strut. The car had Eibach sportline lowering springs installed (no isolators) and KYB shocks/struts. would like to order new struts, was thinking just SVE struts from LMR since I only drive it once a week, but wasnt sure if I need to look at a certian type of strut becuase of the lowered height of my mustang, will they fit with the springs and BBK camber caster plates etc. Any advice?

If the struts don't fit tight in your caster/camber plates that can cause a knocking. If you're going to get new ones I would recommend Koni. Also consider adding new isolators while you have it apart.

Reactions: 1 user
I checked the middle bolt on the caster/camber and it was quite loose. I tightened it, I hope thats what it is so I dont have to buy struts! Ill let everyone know once I get a chance to take it out!