Konis or Opentracker Roller Perches first?

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed a set of front koni shocks this weekend.
Definitely made a difference (was the fastest Mustang at my local auto-x event today) but IMO roller perches make a more noticable improvement. I say get the perches first, and upgrade the shocks later. Will be a LOT easier to install shocks of any kind with the roller perches!

Sorry, just to clarify, I've already purchased both and now I've finally got the time to put them in. I just want to see which one I should put in first to get the best idea of what each one is adding to the handling characteristics. So far it sounds like I should put the roller spring perches in and then install the Konis second.

Just a quick note when installing Opentrackers roller perches. Because the central roller housing is a little thicker than stock, you'll have a hard time getting the washers on the shock stud once it sits in the perch. My recommendation since I just did the install, is to stick both washers together (rubber and steel) and have them on the underside of the perch before the stud goes through it. This way there won't be a problem slipping them on with the thicker perch housing. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, this way just worked for me.

DrStang,

How long have you had your roller perches?
Opentracker has recently changed his design giving more clearance for the shock bolts. Kits also include washers that have been ground down on one side for easier install as well.

2bav8 said:
DrStang,

How long have you had your roller perches?
Opentracker has recently changed his design giving more clearance for the shock bolts. Kits also include washers that have been ground down on one side for easier install as well.

I've had them on the shelf for about a year. Must have the older versions. Still nice!