Leaning Towards Air Ride For My 89 Saleen.

utemachine

Nov 7, 2015
My mind was made up. I was going to replace the Racecraft suspension (which feels like you're riding in a Flintstone car) with H&R springs and Tokicos. Then I stumbled upon this kit at LMR. I've read a few reviews of air ride on fox body's and every review is glowing. I love the idea of setting the height at the switch dependending on conditions.

Any experience with this kit? Are these tough to install? I didn't want to spend this much and why coilovers is not in the cards for me. Im willing to spend this much for the convenience of on demand air.

https://lmr.com/item/RID-12120199/ridetech-mustang-air-suspension-kit-level-1-79-93

• Sponsors (?)

Jesus H on a Hockey stick! $2000!!!! For that price it better come with it's own stipper and a case of Hershey Syrup...

Serious... show us pics of the install.... I gotta see how much better it rides than a set of good adjustable coilovers.

For the on the fly adjust-abilit and advertised nice ride, I dont think its a bad price to pay. You can pay $1500 for a nice set of coilovers, and then you have to stop and crawl under the car to adjust them for driveways and speed bumps. :doh: Guess it all depends on your use of the car and what you are after. For me and my street driver, I would love air ride. Just not on my list of priorities, yet.

Truthfully, it sounds like a great upgrade to me.

It's pricey, keeps me from considering it. If I had the extra money though it is something I would consider for sure.

Hmmmm,...:thinking:
That don' make no sense...

There are no front struts in the kit. I'm assuming that you are supposed to use a stock replacement then?
The "bags" then control ride height? That's all they can do. Seems to me that if you ever want a stiffer, more aggressive spring rate, you're gonna have a poorer handling car because the ride height will be affected upwards. and what about shock valving?.....how does an air bladder intended to replace the coil spring affect shock valving w/ regard to bounce and rebound?

Unless there is some additional adjustment for ride firmness that somehow doesn't raise the car?

Summit no longer sells that kit, Jegs no longer sells that kit, and when you go to ridetech's site, they only sell it as an ala-carte separate system.

Red flag

This is their air ride kit for a 79-93 mustang, and It costs 2800.00
12120298.jpg

And this makes sense.

Well,.......considering that you still would have to buy the compressor, the tank, all the lines and little distribution doo dads....Then the kit is only 4300.00
Capture.PNG

Now,............Does this make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hmmmm,...:thinking:
That don' make no sense...

There are no front struts in the kit. I'm assuming that you are supposed to use a stock replacement then?
The "bags" then control ride height? That's all they can do. Seems to me that if you ever want a stiffer, more aggressive spring rate, you're gonna have a poorer handling car because the ride height will be affected upwards. and what about shock valving?.....how does an air bladder intended to replace the coil spring affect shock valving w/ regard to bounce and rebound?

Unless there is some additional adjustment for ride firmness that somehow doesn't raise the car?

Summit no longer sells that kit, Jegs no longer sells that kit, and when you go to ridetech's site, they only sell it as an ala-carte separate system.

Red flag

This is their air ride kit for a 79-93 mustang, and It costs 2800.00
12120298.jpg

And this makes sense.

Well,.......considering that you still would have to buy the compressor, the tank, all the lines and little distribution doo dads....Then the kit is only 4300.00
Capture.PNG

Now,............Does this make sense?

$4300!!! You can get the MM grip in a box for that price I think. Good catch Mike

To close this thread out. Utemachine will be going back to H&R sport springs with Tokico adjustables. The dream was fun while it lasted. Special thanks to the Fun Police Mike for bringing some sobriety to this conversation.

Reactions: 3 users