lets see some engine bays

• Sponsors (?)

Big Jay said:
I painted it. About 15 hours to do. Sucked.
:jaw: was that just painting it or polish/paint? Please say it wasnt just painting it...

Also, how did you get that "...Forced to be fast" on the side of it? Painted too? Want to do mine for me :D

It was alot of stages. First was gring the trick flow off the top and removing the extra vacuum boss that interfered with the VC breather.

The I paid to polish it. I did a lot of stuff at the same time so i am not sure what the cost would be alone.

Then I masked off every thing that was to remain polished. 3 hours

The DARK DRAGON MOTORSPORTS was a sticker to start out with. The sticker had a white boarder around the letters just like the "chrome" around the blue. I had to cut out the letters from the border (2 hours). Then lay the sticker on and mask the fins. I also ran a thin piece of masking tape over the sticker so when the sticker was covered with paint I would be able to pull off the tape and see where the letters started and ended.

I the used vinal letters and laid out the "...forced to be fast" (hour)
Once it was masked I scuffed, washed and primed the surface. (hour)

I mixed the blue and painted. After drying I pulled the masking off the sticker face and pulled the letters off the sticker. (2 hours) With the letters off I use lettering paint and filled in where the letters were (lt. blue). (hour) After drying I then carefully pulled the border off leaving a polished border. (hour)
The I used some vinal masking tape to lay out the pin stripes. I painted the stripes and pulled the masking off. Then I pulled the vinal letters off the side. I carefully washed the entire intake and the clearcoated the whole thing.

I did all the painting and polishing at the same time and I quess it cost about $750. I took about 60 hours to do the whole project. Excluding reassembly.

here is my engine bay....looks a little different right now since i painted the manifold...ill get those up on here hopefully when i go home from school this weekend....

edelbrock.jpg

edelbrock2.jpg

Anthony

Mainly my indecisiveness and money. I couldn't make up mind for the longest time as to what I was going to build next and when I finally did something came along and it totally changed my direction of planning completely. I made a few purchases, but now I am second guessing myself if I did the right thing. I hate to half ass anything when it come to my car and I find myslef making more and more compromises on this buildup. I like to research EVERYTHING I do to my car before I do it, but there are so many options with the route I'm starting to take that I just don't know which is the right direction for me. I HAVE to have the car done by the time the baby is here, so I need to really start making some decisions soon, but I just don't want to be second guessing myself down the road as once this build up is over, the car is DONE in terms of performance. I don't want to ellabortate much more on it at this point in case I do in fact sell what I have already purchased and go in another route.