Letting the wife drive the GT, but always hate it

VOORHEES

Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy
Mod Dude
Nov 9, 1999
LaGrange, GA
Every year me and my buddies go on a guy trip to Florida and for the last few years we have taken the wifes Mazda MPV van, since we can pack more stuff and still have room for everyone and save on gas by splitting it.
So, at home I have the DD 89 Ranger beater that I drive everyday to work. Since I am taking her car she can drive either the beater truck or my GT:(. I prefer her to drive the truck, but the car is waaaaay nicer. And being a woman, she prefers not to be seen in the truck.
So, last weekend I let her drive it around town when we did some errands. It has been since last years trip since she drove it. I literally cannot stand the way she drives it, nothing crazy, but her shifting is erratic at times, she rides the clutch enough to make me wanna die and she can never seem to get it into reverse correctly without a grinding it some.
I drive in such a way I am constantly watching for potholes, rough pavement, dead animals, low flying UFO's, etc.
Its not that she is terrible driver, but as most of us here know, NOONE cares about our cars the way we do.

Sorry guys had to vent a little. oh well, at least I get to go to the beach soon.

-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

I let my mom drive my 12' 5.0 twice. First time, she almost slams into someone asking/looking for the sirius satellite radio button. Second time, she scratches the CHIT out of the front air dam thing under the bumper getting out of my driveway.. Seriously, FML. dont let Your wife drive your stang, especially if its lowered.

edit: said your mom, meant your wife haha

Well guys its like this....I'm married and you can never, ever act as if something is more important than her. Married guys know this too well. Like I said she is not a bad driver, she is just not always on the lookout for the things I am.
The truck is kinda old and has issues. It currently has a small radiator leak, so if it got worse, I am afraid she wouldn't really know if all the coolant ran out. Can't really take the chance.
It will all be fine, she knows I will go over it with a microscope when I return.

-J

Meh, she'll be fine. I have no problem letting my wife drive my car. She's into cars and knows how important the car is, and if she were ever to mess my car up she knows to shoot herself in the face.

haha, just kidding. Just let her drive it... its just a car man... BFD

I have let 2 people borrow my car. My brother, and my cousin. My cousin will never borrow it again, I found out when I got it back that he took it down gravel roads, and instead of swerving to miss dead animals in the road, he just tried to stradle them.....I'm still cleaning the car and trying to get the animal guts from underneath it.

My brother knows how anal I am when it comes to my car, so he tends to try and be somewhat careful.

Ive let a couple of friends drive it with me in the car (was intoxicated), and the only thing that I got pissed about was that none of them could remember that it was a lowered car, that you have to take big bumps at an angle.

Luckily my wife pretty much only drives mine if we go out somewhere and I've had a few adult beverages...but other times, I don't mind too much when my wife drives because she knows how obsessed with the car I am plus she is kinda tomboy so she's in to cars and everything so she is extra careful...that and she supported me big time when I spun a rod bearing and needed a rebuild.

She's into cars and knows how important the car is, and if she were ever to mess my car up she knows to shoot herself in the face.
:rlaugh:

I let my wife drive my car occasinally but she never knows how to be careful with bumps... its not her car so I don't expect her to be perfect. :) The only way I found to prevent her from driving my car more often was to buy her a new s197 GT. :D

I know how you feel my wife likes to take ours to work the problem is she works at Walmart and we all know what those carts can do! So when she takes it she has to part it at the end of the parking lot by the road and walk the half mile to the doors.