Lincoln Mark V Rear Disk brakes??

My dad has picked up 2 Lincoln Mark V's (76 & 79) in the past week for almost nothing each. Looking thru the wheels has shown disk brakes front and rear. Are the rear brakes good for donor brakes on my 65 Fastback? I've got a factory 9" in it that I don't want to hack up, but want disks. I'm planning on putting 17x7's on it.

I've searched in here with not very good luck. I know that somebody on here surely has tried this, any info would be great.

Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

My dad has picked up 2 Lincoln Mark V's (76 & 79) in the past week for almost nothing each. Looking thru the wheels has shown disk brakes front and rear. Are the rear brakes good for donor brakes on my 65 Fastback? I've got a factory 9" in it that I don't want to hack up, but want disks. I'm planning on putting 17x7's on it.

I've searched in here with not very good luck. I know that somebody on here surely has tried this, any info would be great.

Kevin

Lug spacing on the rotors is larger than the Mustang's and the calipers are virtually the same design as the Versailles.

Could a guy use the brackets and calipers off this rearend and get the Versailles disks, or am I missing something?

Mk V's rotor diameter is larger than the Versailles' rotor. If you used the Mk V's Calipers/brackets with a Versailles rotor, the caliper would be pushed way out (radially) away from the rotor, so that only part of the pad would be in contact with the friction surface of the rotor.

It also wouldn't correct the part of the Mk V's axles having a larger lug spacing than that of the Versailles' rotors.

I say clean em and ebay em. Theyre perfect for something like a Bronco or F-150 since it has the same bolt pattern and has the big bearings. They should pretty easily bring over $100, then use that money to get a set of Crown Vic disks from your local U-pick yard since theyre basically a bolt on, cheap, and have the right bolt pattern.