looking for a new hood NEED HELP!!

sa6988

Jul 5, 2004
Chico,CA
alright so i want to get a 1.5" bolt on cowl hood for my 87...i checked cervinis and the price is way too high for me ($459+$150 shipping)...are there any other places that u guys have bought a quality hood for less? i was lookin at these other 2 places one is "design concepts" where it costs $289.95 and "HO Fibertrends" where it costs $369...why is there such a difference in prices? im afraid to order a cheap hood and find out why it was so cheap u know what i mean? if there is a good company that makes good hoods please let me know...so could someone please help me out and shed some light on this?? thanks!

MustangMulch on here always posts pictures of his white GT w/ a design concepts hood. It looks good and he likes it. You might search for his user name and I bet you'd find at least one post w/ pics of the hood. He's posted them many, many times.

I've heard that w/ some of the "other" hoods, you may have to do a little more prep work than with Cervini's, but I have no personal experience with that.

I only trust two companies with fiberglass, cervinis and HO fibertrends. Everything else I have read about and been exposed to is junk. Half those companies are cincinatti composites operating under a dif name

YOU WILL SPEND THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE AT THE BODY SHOP SO UNLESS YOU ARE A PAINTER THEN WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN PURCHASE A WELL FINISHED QUALITY MANUFACTURED HOOD, TRUST ME

ABC is garbage and so are Cincinnatti products. If you are a Mustang fanatic and want to make your car look real good, do yourself a favor and buy Cervini. If you cannot afford it, wait until you can, because trust me, you will not be dissappointed. It's just like buying a computer or TV, just a little more $$$ goes a long way. Cervini makes a damn good product. If you want pics of mine with a 1993 Cobra R hood, just Email me. jjfiveoh@aol.com.