looking for clip or stingers and o/r x pipe

adamb258

Mar 30, 2003
dallas
cant find one on an 05+ anywhere. How different will it sound from a 99-04 with this setup? I am lookign to get teh frpp axleback and UPR o/r X pipe soon but wanted to be sure id like it. Thanks in advance guys

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

anyone else with this setup care to comment? Like I said ive heard it on the 99-04 stangs and realyl like it just not sure how much different it will sound.

On my previous car (04 cobra) I had an slp catback and O/R prochamebr and loved it (just to compare my taste) had flows before the slp and was too quite but did sound good.

I have the stingers with o/r h pipe and overall I am happy, though at around 2500 rpms I get the trumpet noise and in the higher it kinda sounds tinny....dunno what I want to do about it, prolly nothing in the near future, as I love the nice burble I get out of the stingers. I will probably end up cutting my stock exhaust and using the stock h pipe and cats to see if I can eliminate the noise. I know you were asking about x pipe...but I've heard these mufflers tend to sound real tinny with any o/r mid pipe.

The rattling metallic (marbles in can, tinny metallic rattle) sound is only present without cats. I chopped up my OR X to work with the stock Cats and the stingers are nice and deep now. Yet still has some of the burble the OR X gave me.

I've got the stingers and my MAC offroad prochamber just came in. Hopefully I'll get it on either tonight or sat. I'll get a sound clip of it real soon.

I'm a little afraid of how it's going to sound but if it doesn't sound good, I'll just get the MAC axelbacks or maybe flowmaster. But I'm definitely keeping the O/R H, wouldn't want a stang without that raw muscelcar sound.

id love to hear that clip, i cant beleive how much the price on the PC's went up. the offraod version is more than the catted version for the 99-04's i think we are baing taken advantage of. Either PM me a link to teh video or post it in this thread as well please.

Thanks,
Adam

thanks a lot, i had a pc on my last car and liked it alot i just cant beleive how much they jacked up the price for the 05+ pc's. id like to hear a godo clip of an o/r X adn stingers still but i cant find it. I am now also considerign an O/R H pipe.