Exhaust Pypes O/r X Pipe With Borla Stingers?

Marco_flores98

Sep 19, 2016
I have a 2006 mustang gt 5 speed and I recently just installed a pypes o/r x pipe. Currently right now I have pypes pipe bomb axelback and it's just way too loud. When slightly accelerating around 2.5k rpm these axelback trumpet and it sounds pretty bad and obnoxious. I was wondering if any of you guys have borla stingers with o/r x pipe and how you guys are liking it. I've heard many people like this set up but I just want more opinions. Will this borla axelback tone down the sound while still having a mean exahust note? Do they drone? Also what exahust would you guys recommend with stock headers and a o/r x pipe.

• Sponsors (?)

I have an off road h pipe and boom tubes. Very loud. I have MAC Welded too. Also very loud. On my old Fox Body I ran an off road xpipe with 3 chamber Flowmasters. Switched to Borla XS mufflers, still very loud. I don't think you will make it much quieter. Maybe consider trying a pair of High Flow cats or the short glass pack resonators. I've read of people being happy with those and may try it soon.

And drone was there on all mufflers I ran on both cars.

On my car I have longtubes, o/r H pipe, round case Magnaflow mufflers as resonators, and a Ford Racing Touring axle back (they're Borla Touring mufflers, I don't think they make it anymore, I found it used). At low RPM's it's really not too bad, at WOT it screams and even with the resonators it still trumpets a bit. It's hard to find a good middle of the road sound. One good thing about this setup is that it doesn't drone, I used to have chambered mufflers with cats and the same resonators and it droned terrible and was just as loud as this setup.

I put them back just before the axle. On the factory pipes there are two sections in different spots that are mostly straight, and it just so happened were just the right length for the mufflers, so I cut those sections out and put the mufflers in, so they are staggered. I was able to tuck them up a bit and haven't had any problems with them hitting the ground even with my car lowered.

So, they look like this (this was back when I still had cats on the car)
IMAG0130.jpg IMAG0230.jpg IMAG0129.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I don't get on here a lot.

Reactions: 1 user