Looking for lower intake torque specs and pattern

• Sponsors (?)

Here ya go

attachment.php

ShiftTheDrift said:
Hmmm... Where do I begin? ..Pretty much what the thread title said. :D Thanks.

A few things about installing the lower.

Some of the bolts are in water jackets and if yours are pretty bad looking just know that they can be weak and snap off.

After you tighten all the bolts for the first time you will have to go back over them several more times until they will hold their tightness.

After a couple of heat cycles, you most likely will find a few that are too loose so it is a good idea to check em all one final time.

Later
Grady

final5-0 said:
A few things about installing the lower.

Some of the bolts are in water jackets and if yours are pretty bad looking just know that they can be weak and snap off.
Hmm.. good thing you said that! I probably wouldn't have gave it any thought because there's a few that look really rusted!
Does ARP sell a bolt kit and should I put any loctite or threadsealer on them?

Well Bill

I didn't see if you got iron or Aluminum heads but if you got the latter, I'd put some anti-sieze on the threads.

I'd bet that ARP makes some intake kits for our cars but if you go a different route be sure to get some good grade bolts.

Later
Grady

And what Grady means by tighten them a "few times," really means about 6 or 7.

I had to run the pattern 6 or 8 times before the bolts were actually tightened to the right torque. As you work your way out from the center, it seems like the ends will pull the middle bolts back out, and the middle bolts will pull the ends out. Weird.

Just double and triple check yourself before you go on...

Joe