Looking for tuning help in Houston - w/ Tweecer

TXStangs

Sep 11, 2004
Hello,

I'm looking for a shop in Houston area who is good tuning with the stock EEC-IV (I have a Tweecer RT). I've got the tune in the ballpark (injectors, MAF, etc.) to drive it just fine, but looking for better tuning for driveability and power - good balance for regular street use. Alternatively, I'd be interested in remote tuning support, but would prefer local for use of dyno. Just some options would be helpful. I'd rather not have to swap a different ECU or piggyback tuner to get this done.

I can give better list of mods if useful, but simple summary is it's a '93 coupe, single turbo (~10psi), 306cid, with Systemax II heads/cam/U&L intake, 60lb injectors, Pro-M 80mm MAF. I'm looking for 500hp+ but good driveability w/ 93 octane.

Thanks in advance for pointing me to some tuning help!

-Jereme

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply. I put a few turbo size details below. I didn’t buy it new. This is an old Cartech single turbo kit.

Turbo size approx measurements:
Compressor housing is 0.50 A/R
Compressor rotor: inducer = 61mm; exducer = 76 mm.
Turbine housing is 0.96 A/R.
Turbine rotor: inducer = 73mm; exducer = 64mm.

What makes the motes a better option over the tweecer? My son just bought a 89 4cylinder turbo coupe swap and if it wasnt for the a4ld I would be going microsquirt in it. So ive been looking at those 2 options
This should answer a good amount of your questions of the differences between the Moates and the Tweecer: http://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14004

They are both chips that plug into the 25+ year old computers that are all slowly starting to fail.

Don't let the A4LD stop you from the microsquirt if that is the only thing is stopping you. A4LD is "barely" computer controlled, and only thing electronically controlled is the converter lockup. This can be dealt with by just installing a manual switch, so you can lock it up on the highway. You could also use a programmable output in the ECU to control lockup too.