Looking to get some more bolt ons

Green&GoldGT

Aug 1, 2005
Virginia
Like the title states I can't find a lift to put on the headers I bought and I don't want to pay $500 for a shop to put them in. So I'm guessing I'll just sell them and put that money towards boltons I can do now. I've been looking at rpmoutlet between a Professional Products tb/C&L plenum for 200 or Motoblue pulleys(which aren't piggyback). They even have them both in a package deal you can buy for 350. I've heard mixed reviews about PP and motoblue. I've also looked at the Granatelli coil on plug connectors for 90. My goal is to reach the 300rwhp mark N/A without spending too much, and maybe using nitrous in the future. I know I won't be able to reach those #s without headers so I guess they might have to wait for later. What would you guys suggest?

• Sponsors (?)

No need for coil packs, save some money and get piggy back March U/D pulleys (they are better than non piggy back because they retain the stock dampender...and the stock dampener > all currently offered U/D dampeners), and like benny hill (J/K but lol that guy is funny) said, do the LT install yourself.

Also, buy a trick flow plenum for summitracing.com for $140 and buy a BBK 75MM TB for around $190 (not sure where I got it) ...cheaper than the $350 combo you mentioned. I have the above setup and love it :D . But I did hand P&P the plenum, and port matched the TB to the plenum.

I'll probably end up doing the header install later, even though I was gonna pay someone else around 175 or 200 bucks to install them, he just said he needed a lift. I just found out that my friend's boss can pretty much get me things at summit racing and most other places for half off so I'm leaning toward a tb/plenum or electric water pump. It's still hard to pay for a tb/plenum when modular depot only got about 4.5 hp with a trick flow plenum and 75mm tb. BTW the guy that owns the racing shop where I get my parts installed (who only works on modular mustangs) told me that piggyback pulleys were junk. Thanks for the input.

wait it out and find a plenum & TB on ebay. total with shipping i paid MAYBE $160 for my bbk/roush 75mm TB and mac P&P plenum (even came with a brand new TPS w/ screws).

plenum i got on ebay, TB i posted on modfords sayign i ahd $75 to spedn on a 75mm TB and got a hit in 5 minutes lol

I just got the Professional Products/RPM 75mm throttle body and plenum combo last week. Its not bad for $200, but the fit was not 100% from the TB to the plenum.

I did feel a little boost even off idle, and its smoother/stronger up top a little bit. If you go by "every little bit counts" then get it, but if you want something with a solid gain id jump on something a little more proven first.

So if you definatly want the TB and plenum, its a good deal. But so is a Trick Flow plenum from Summit ($99-110 or so) and a throttle body of your choice. Or Ebay hunting.