loss of oil, white smoke

GTmustang00

Nov 13, 2002
Hollis, NH
every couple hundred miles my check oil light comes on. the oil pan gasket is new, the rear main seal is new, and the valve covers/gaskets are new. when i am decelerating in gear, white/grayish smoke will come out of my pipes (i have dumps, but i can smell it, and see it sometimes). when i accelerate moderately hard, i can see a white/grayish mist of smoke comming from behind the car. i thought white smoke meant headgasket, but my coolant level is fine. any guesses as to what it would be? would new heads solve this issue?

• Sponsors (?)

Same here man, I have seen white smoke come outta my tail pipes when I get on it. I added some oil and it won't crank up now. I have been trying to get a diagnosis on it for the past 3 days, but still nothing. The check oil light is still on when I try to crank it.

Brother your engine is using oil. First give it a compression test. Then give it a leakdown test. Also, how many miles? When you start using that much oil its because the motor is wearing out (usually). Heads may cure the problem but your oil consumption is so bad that I doubt heads will help. If compression and leakdown are ok you may have other problems like a bad pcv or something. At least do a compression test and let us know.