Fuel Running Rich, White smoke

Ran a lot better today, the gasket I put on the back and front of the lower intake manifold to the block is leaking though so I need to redo that. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it was the intake manifold being backwards, so I think Bullitt347 was right.

Don't tell him that tho... :nono:

Dude's head is big enough already. :jester:

• Sponsors (?)

Do not use the front or rear lower intake gaskets. Lay a thick bead of RTV down (fat 1/4”) all the way across and let it sit 15 min or so. Have done it this way for years and zero issues.

Reactions: 2 users
1717561131452.png

While it's not ARP strength (or price!), AlloyBoltz.com also has a stainless steel intake stud kit. It is stainless steel, so it's going to have higher strength than standard plated steel hardware.... although, personally, I don't really consider intake manifold mounting a location where hardware strength is too important.

Reactions: 1 users
While it's not ARP strength (or price!), AlloyBoltz.com also has a stainless steel intake stud kit. It is stainless steel, so it's going to have higher strength than standard plated steel hardware.... although, personally, I don't really consider intake manifold mounting a location where hardware strength is too important.

I believe I saw another brand of intake studs recently what were pretty reasonable, but cannot remember who.....
I could only find the ARP's when I was doing mine so I got it without vaseline.........

All I can say is if you have aluminum heads I would strongly recommend intake studs. This is because with bolts you are inducing to forces on the threads in the head of which are torsional and tension and doing it at the same time. With studs its only tension so its a little better in that the threads will have less of a propensity to pull. I just said F it and Heli coiled all of mine and have a lot more confidence in them. One was pulled when I got the heads and two visually looked suspect.

Also, does anyone know where I can find front strut to spindle bolts and nuts? I have a coilover on it and I can only find nuts with the nylon locking bit on it.
Like these?

Reactions: 1 user

I love this kit....Thanks for showing it