loud noise when window closed, up button pushed

So I replaced the motors in both windows about a year ago. Then a couple days ago I noticed every time i rolled up the driver's window it would make a quiet click at the top once the windows was fully closed. I didn't think anything more of it until this morning. Now the window works fine when rolling up, but once it's closed it starts making a loud clicking/clunking sound, as opposed to just stopping. Is there a limiter or something on the motor that may have broken, making the window think it's not all the way up yet? Or is there a gear or bushing that may be stripped?

thanks in advance,

• Sponsors (?)

They do have a gear and plastic rollers, the rollers are notorious for breaking. You can replace the rollers your self and save the cost of a new motor or used motor. I wouldn't replace them with plastic rollers though, you can cut some steel or aluminum rod and use that as the rollers. You can buy a rebuild kit for the motor, unsure on price but it's not much, it's only directions and 3 delrin bushings, my dad rebuilt one of my motors but he used steel rollers over the commonly broken plastic ones. I think it is a 3/8's diameter rod my dad used to make my rollers.

Here is a picture of the motor and broken rollers.
pwr-window-motor2.jpg

If you have kids, I'd keep the plastic bushings. They're sacrificial so if someone has a hand between the glass and frame, the bushings let go instead of crushing a hand.

The clicking sounds like a track issue to me. A bushing is off or worn so the window or track click when the slack is removed at the top of the run (as the window seats).