Lower torque box replacement or reinforcement?

92fox50

Sep 21, 2019
Canada
Hi all,

I currently have my fox apart and I am putting the original engine back in with turbos, better pistons rods cam and such. I was taking a look at my lower torque boxes and noticed that they are in rough shape. There is cracking on both sides and the overall shape is very distored. ( pictures attached)

I know I need to do something about it, but im not sure if I can get away with just reinforcing them with a kit ( like so many companies offer) or if I should just bite the bullet and replace them altogether. Im not sure how much sucsses people have had with repairing broken ones and then putting in reinforcments.

Thank you for your time , Anton
20220216_183508.jpg
20220216_183505.jpg
20220216_183448.jpg
20220216_183418.jpg
20220216_183348.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I would say a welder could repair/reinforce those tq boxes.
Just have someone other than the person that welded the subframe connectors do it..
Thank you for the input , ive got a friend who is a professional welder that can help me out.

The frame connectors were put in before I bought the car so im not sure who did them lol. I doubt they are doing much at the moment due to the terrible welds. I am going to be putting new ones in soon anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
These are generally used for high HP/TQ applications but I don't see where they couldn't be necessary for the street (considering the abuse).

Just an option:

These are generally used for high HP/TQ applications but I don't see where they couldn't be necessary for the street (considering the abuse).

Just an option:
Dang, at 3000 hp capable, the rest of the car will break a lot of times without hurting the boxes!