Lowering Springs For Wifes 89 Hatch

hey fellers i did a search and read several post about it and i have a couple questions. i want to lower her 89 hatch a little, by a little i don't mean 2 or 3 inches. i looked at the sve brand that late model sells, the fronts are 1.5 in and rear is 1 in, have any of you used these? how is the ride? right now it has the oe springs and monroe sensa tracs and its kinda stiff riding but it also has the extreme matrix brace set up so i expect it to be some what firm but this thing beats me to death on a good trip. basically it just sits to high with a nose up look and i want to bring it down some but not too much.
thanks man

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to lower the car and not be in the weeds, here is what I would recommend

Cheap- Mach 1 or Bullit springs. Will lower the car maybe 3/4 to 1 inch. They are taller than fox springs to they are a PITA to install sometimes
H&R or Steeda Sport springs- these are quality progress springs that will lower the car maybe 1 to 1.5 inches. I have used both and currently have the Steeda's on my car now.

Search the classifieds on the Corral and CL for used springs. You can get them used for 1/2 the price of new.

well i guess if no one else chimes in over weekend i will order the ford racing b springs. just hoping they bring the front down enough.

Attachments

• pics off jww's phone 8 14 14 410.jpg
    pics off jww's phone 8 14 14 410.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC04556.JPG
    DSC04556.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 213
B springs have a nice stance but the ride is a little rough! For the money they are a great value and you'll really like them. I later got a good deal on some used Saleen Racecraft springs so I swapped.
But, for your info here's an old pic of mine when it was riding on the B's. Disregard the fool behind the wheel.:p
Randy8.JPG

I run the B springs and the Tokico blues. I'm very happy with the ride. The only issue I have is that it sits at a slight rake. I will be playing with the isolators and if not may switch to adjustable arms.

hey fellers i did a search and read several post about it and i have a couple questions. i want to lower her 89 hatch a little, by a little i don't mean 2 or 3 inches. i looked at the sve brand that late model sells, the fronts are 1.5 in and rear is 1 in, have any of you used these? how is the ride? right now it has the oe springs and monroe sensa tracs and its kinda stiff riding but it also has the extreme matrix brace set up so i expect it to be some what firm but this thing beats me to death on a good trip. basically it just sits to high with a nose up look and i want to bring it down some but not too much.
thanks man
Pm sent

I run the B springs and the Tokico blues. I'm very happy with the ride. The only issue I have is that it sits at a slight rake. I will be playing with the isolators and if not may switch to adjustable arms.
i run the same setup, front is where its supposed to be, rear could use about another 1/4 to 1/2" lower, though it should be about right with a larger rear tire setup (27-28" tall drag tire). ride is just a bit harsher than my stock coyote, though its still more than comfortable enough for the 100+ mile cruises i take it on, or driving it to work everyday. you can also play around with taking out the rear isolators. iirc, i took out the lowers isos when i put new control arms in, and the stance was noticeably better.