Lowering with smaller diameter tires

I may want to lower my car, only problem is that I think my wheels are too small in diameter. They are BFG KDW 245/45/17. I bought these about two weeks ago. The tire height is about 25.7" Has anyone lowered the S197 with a smaller diameter tire with little to no problems? I am thinking a 1" front and 1.2 to 1.3 rear drop might work. I am also beginning to think that I may not be able to lower it without having problems. The car is my DD.
 
I would get the Roush springs. They have a very mild drop. The other problem that you'll find is that you'll still have quite a bit of wheel gap, due to the smaller tire diameter.
 
I lowered mine with Eibach Pro-Kit and my tires are 1" shorter than stock (255/45/17, 26" vs 27" (stock)). The only problem that I have is that I periodically scrap when pulling in/out of some parking lots. I really have to pay attention when doing this and go in/out at an angle. Plus what DarkFireGT said, there will still be a gap above the wheel. Those are the only issues that I had, but you will want to go with an adjustable panhard bar, to re-center the rearend, after you lower the car.
 
i have the stock 18" 235/55 i think, and i used the ford performance springs with 1.5" drop and almost 0 gap in the front and maybe 1" in the rear. a difference of what used to be about 3" and 4" now that they settled a little.
 
Not going for the lowrider Latino look. I should have checked the tire height online before buying. Looking at my old tires Nitto 450 255/50/17 and the new BFG KDW side by side, I couldn't see that much if any difference in tire height. Even doing a mild 1.2 to 1.5" drop my cause too many problems. After the BFGs wear out I may just upgrade to 18" wheels and tires.