Lrs stainless lx tail pipes...anyone have them?

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
Posted via Mobile Device i saw they're selling stainless polished tail pipes now. They look pretty nice in the add and they're 150. They look like mac used to look, chrome all the way to the mufflers but without the extra flange at the axle. I'm worried because it says they fit 86 to 93 and all solid axle 94+...but my experience is that the sn95 tail pipes never seem to look right.

• Sponsors (?)

94-97 tail pipes mount the same way up behind the wheels. 98-04 mount on the rear bumper bar. I had the 99-04 pipes on Hack job, I just needed to trim the ends because they were about 2-3 inches too long and I grabbed the bumper bar brackets that held the tails and added those too.

Posted via Mobile Device maybe i've only dealt with the later years. Definitely let us know how they look cause i'm very interested in them. On a side note how much harder is it to keep polished stainless shiny vs chrome?

They will be here tomorrow. I'm not supposed to look at them though because a relative paid for them for me for Christmas and I was told to leave them boxed and the tape sealed. (I'm still going to look though) :rlaugh:

I will, I was surprised at the quality especially at 100.00 less than flowmaster's version of the same thing. :shrug:

Here's an example that is uploaded onto the latemodel restoration site of that set.

LRS-5212PR_3410.JPG

I am glad yours looked good. I ordered these months ago and went through a few different sets of them due to poor construction. I had to send 2 sets back before I finally got a set that I still ended up having to sand and re-polish. They are made for LRS by Pypes. Mine were polished pieces of stainless tube steel, then bent to shape, then welded the hangers on. So there were marks from the bending process, and welding slag all over the tips. They were horrid. I guess they would be ok if you were using them for a daily driver or a little street project car, but not good at all for a show car, or anyone who keeps their car polished up. Hopefully they upgraded their quality control on them and a lot of the other parts they sell. They call themselves a restoration company, but a lot of their parts are not resto quality. Everyone knows how expensive it can be to do a restoration project, but when you spend thousands of dollars on new parts, and they look no better than decent used parts, it makes you wonder what kind of company your dealing with. Well, to end this rant, I really am happy your experience was good, and I hope all your future purchases work out as well.