LSC rear disk brake pads, where you getting them?

• Sponsors (?)

i know this isnt going to help any... other than just a want to do thing, is there a reason to have upgraded rear pads? the stock pads should work great. your rear brakes only do around 20% of the stopping anyways.

sorry i wasnt much of a help. i will try and do some searching for you.

I looked many places to find upgrade pads for the rear, and had no luck. I ended up finding the Bendix performance pads at Advanced Auto. They work very well, if I remember they offer 3 versions of pads, an organic, replacement, and high performance. Since the front does 80% of the stopping you don't need real extreme pads for the rear.

I did call Hawk and they didn't offer pads for the rear, so I went with Hawks up front and the Bendix in the back.

Hope that helps!

With 54mm pistons and an 11.35" rotor out back, how much more braking do you need?? You are going to have to reduce pressure by a lot just to avoid locking up the rear disks with parts store pads.

The Cobra uses a 38mm piston with it's 11.65" setup. The SVO's caliper is almost twice as powerful. You could use wood as brake pads on the rear and still have enough force to lock them.

With 54mm pistons and an 11.35" rotor out back, how much more braking do you need?? You are going to have to reduce pressure by a lot just to avoid locking up the rear disks with parts store pads.

The Cobra uses a 38mm piston with it's 11.65" setup. The SVO's caliper is almost twice as powerful. You could use wood as brake pads on the rear and still have enough force to lock them.

locking rear brakes is teh suxzor

adjustable proportioning valve FTW!

locking rear brakes is teh suxzor

adjustable proportioning valve FTW!

That is my point. You will be able to easily lock the rears with crappy stock pads. High performance pads are going to be even worse.

Just use the adjustable prop valve to dial in more rear pressure for better braking.

With pads 2X the size of SN95 pads and caliper pistons almost as big as the front caliper pistons on the 87-98 Mustang, you will have a LOT of brake potential in the rear.

Thanks for the info, had no idea they were that big.