LX needs a different rear spoiler

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
I would like a GT spoiler on my 91 LX Hatch, BUT that would expose extra mounting holes in the middle, right? Would it be chaper to get a good, complete, GT hatch and spoiler assembly complete than to have a pro patch the holes? I have rear defrost I want to keep.

Idea two is the Cobra spoiler. Do the middle posts use the LX mounting holes?
Thank you for the info!

• Sponsors (?)

yes. I had to put a GT hatch on so the wing would work.
DSC00576.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00576.jpg
    DSC00576.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 2,829
Reactions: 1 user
Idea 1 would work if everything matches your body color...if it doesn't, you'll have to sand/prep/paint everything anyway. I'd keep what ya got, fill holes and repaint...then you won't have to replace a perfectly good hatch. Thats what I did as you can see I run a Saleen s351 wing and my GT holes needed to be filled too...cost me $250 but I did all paint prep.

Idea 1 would work if everything matches your body color...if it doesn't, you'll have to sand/prep/paint everything anyway. I'd keep what ya got, fill holes and repaint...then you won't have to replace a perfectly good hatch. Thats what I did as you can see I run a Saleen s351 wing and my GT holes needed to be filled too...cost me $250 but I did all paint prep.
is it that wing in your avatar?

Foxbodymike87 posted a pic of exactly what I really want to do. Ditch the LX spoiler for the GT spoiler. But I'd use the Cobra spoiler if the existing holes lined up. DOES ANYONE KNOW from experience if the Cobra's spoiler's holes do?