May 26, 2002
Tennessee
Guys,
Give me a little input here.

I am looking at the Mach 1 grille delete for my
1999 Gt Mustang.
Question is, how big of a pain in the ass is it going to be
to install ?

I have heard to get one with all 3 parts, what are they ?
My local shop has one, and I want to make sure it is complete.

Also,
It comes with everything to do the installation too I suppose ?
Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the CDC delete...cost more but not bad on installation...no tape.Taking the honeycomb grill off is not hard...TAKE your time.And the piece behind that has plastic push pins. Installing the grill delete is easy.I don't know how Steeda's grill delete is..Someone said the facia has to come off??? Not sure. Anyway..you'll like the look.

Go to www.ClassicDesignConcepts.com they will explain the installation(of their grill eliminator)

FallenPhoenix said:
I bought the Steeda delete from partshopper. Don't be fooled, the kits with foam tape hold just as well as the others if you take the time to do it right.

Same here on the kit from partshopper. The hardest part is getting the old grill off. Just make sure that you have a 7mm wrench to remove the bottom 4 screws holding it down. Otherwise the whole process from start to finish should be under 1/2 hour.

Mustang225 said:
Same here on the kit from partshopper. The hardest part is getting the old grill off. Just make sure that you have a 7mm wrench to remove the bottom 4 screws holding it down. Otherwise the whole process from start to finish should be under 1/2 hour.

In order to unscrew the botton screws you're gonna have to pull the plastic back. I'm talking about that part of the bumper. Don't get scared, your bumper won't break nor will your paint chip.

Whatever you do, do not buy it from CDC, the piece is crap. Bought from them when I had my GT, and the paint, yes they paint their's( atleast they used to ) and the paint came off in my hands when I attempted to put it on. :notnice: I attempted to get them to send me a new one and they blew me off. :( Order from mustangtuning.com, nice piece and the price is right. :nice:

Scott99GT said:
Thanks guys.

Been a real big help, and I think I will get
mine from Mustangtuning.com.
Seems like a good deal to me.

Scott

Good luck on getting it from Mustang Tuning. I've heard they've been out of the grill delete for 1 month.

Mine had the tape to help hold it on and mine is as secure as if I bolted it down. It looks amazing and should have came stock that way :nice:

013_013.jpg