Maf Conversion Questions

• Sponsors (?)

With a MAF the computer will base air/fuel calculations on air entering the motor instead of a set program (Programmed to stock motor) adjusting fuel only on manifold pressure.

By doing this your computer can immediately see more air coming into the motor and adjust fuel to meet the requirements of the new air coming in. If you go wild enough you will need to get some kind of tuning either way because there is only so much a MAF can compensate for in terms up upgrades.

In short its probably the best upgrade you can do to your car if you plan on changing cam, heads or intake.

Chris

Go ahead and list the mods if you don't mind.

I've always been tempted to buy another fox body just to see how far one can push Speed Density before needing a tune or MAF conversion.

So here are the mods that i can verify:
Edelbrock Performer Upper and Lower intake
75mm TB
EGR spacer
BBK shorty headers
Bassani Offroad X pipe
Under drive pulleys
AC Delete

I was told the motor was rebuilt about 60,000 mi ago by PO #2 but the PO didn't have the receipts for that. He said something about some port and polish work to the heads, and a stock cam. So those are some things I can't verify. She runs REALLY rich, enough to make your eyes water in the garage. And she backfires almost instantly on deceleration, any idea on how to curb that?