MAF Flow Chart

Afraid I've screwed up guys, hopefully it's not too big of a tragedy. Long story short, I was dealing on several used MAFs at the same time and accidentally bought one WITHOUT a flowsheet. I purchased about a 4 years old, still new in the box, Pro-M 80R calibrated for 30# injectors. Am I looking at a recal at $100? Hopefully not. What are my options? I understand Tweecer has a generic data I can use. Is that a good idea? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Grady

I am still collecting parts for a combo as shown in my signature. When I assemble, I will have a Tweecer R/T and wideband. Obviously (or at least I thought) I can't just plug in this Pro-M with 30s and go. I thought I needed to tell the Tweecer what I was installing. (Flow data for the new MAF) People had mentioned to me to make sure I got a flow sheet with a MAF. Can I tune around my failure to get a flow sheet? The MAF I purchased is calibrated for 30s. I intend to run 30s. Or is the sheet so important that I need to have the MAF recalced, (for 30s like it is already), just to get a new flow sheet? Hopefully that clears up my question? LMK if not.

That is good to hear. When I realized what I had done, I thought my good deal just went away. One more question, and a yes or no answer will suffice at this time. Until I get my Tweecer, the long version will not likely be comprehended. :)

I'm sure I could get a copy of someone else's Pro-M80R flowchart. Is there any advantage to doing so? Would that be a better starting point than generic 30 data?

I thought it might be good to offer just a little more info about your original Q

Even if by accident you ended up with inj's & maf caled to their same size, you did good :D

YES, you could just use those 30's and the ProM maf caled for 30's. You can do this because of a cheat method the maf companies have devised.

I've posted lots of info about this before so I won't go into it all again.The main thing to remember is with 24's, the cheat method may or may not work reasonable well. 30's have less of a chance of working well with the cheat method because the larger the inj size, the more ineffective the cheat method becomes.

Since you got all options available to you, you don't need to cheat or lie to the pcm anyway.

Just use your Tweecer to tell the the pcm the truth about inj size and air flow of your combo.

btw, if you wanna know more about that cheat method and why a good deal of peeps are confused about inj's, mafs, why some are caled, why some are not, etc, there is a small article on my site that can help.

Grady

Stang D said:
I'm sure I could get a copy of someone else's Pro-M80R flowchart. Is there any advantage to doing so? Would that be a better starting point than generic 30 data?

Your first choice would be the original flow sheet for your exact meter. You would then use that flow sheet and one of several methods to generate a 30 point curve.

Your second choice would be a generic 30 point curve like we talked about above.

You would not wanna use say my 30 point curve as it is specific to my combo.

What is gonna happen in your case in a nutshell is:

1 Your gonna go for the second choice generic 30 point curve.

2 Tweec in your inj values for 30's. After you get things as close as you can with the inj values.

3 Tweec your lower part of the maf curve for Closed Loop. Most likely just a point or two as this is kinda like fine tuning.

4 Tweec your higher part of the maf curve for Open Loop or WOT. This is gonna be using fuel tables and Wide Band.

I bet you can hardly wait :D

Its gonna be great :)

Grady

"Even if by accident you ended up with inj's & maf caled to their same size, you did good"

Thanks as always Grady.

Actually I had a set of 24 injectors purchased, but then I ran across the Pro-M80 MAF calced for 30# and the associated tubing to install it. New in box for $150 shipped. That seemed like a good deal. Then I found a deal on an NOS 5115 dry kit. Planning to run a 75 or 100 shot. (only after I get the tweecer tune down) The 24# injectors no longer make sense anyway. They will be easy enough to sell.

I should be good to go until my pistons fly out my tailpipes. :D