MAF Question

NOTCH_GUY

Jul 11, 2009
N.E. PHILLY
Hi, my friend just picked up a Stang yesterday. It has supercharger, cam and intake. It also has Pro-M meter calibrated for 19lb injectors. Now the guy gave him a new regulator, 30lb injectors and C&L meter with a 30lb sample tube. The question is will the Pro-M meter work in the C&L Meter? And will it read the air flow correctly for proper fuel control?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty sure the c&l uses factory sensor, that's why you have different sample tubes. I wouldn't recommend using a c&l in my opinion.. Seems kind of like a bandaid fix to me..

I have a c&l meter housing with a 24 lb sample tube, color blue with the stock 19 lb meter sensor and 24 lb injectors and my engine runs and idles nice. The pro-m meter sensor should work just fine as long as it bolts onto the c&l housing and you use the matching 30 lb sample tube for the injectors, company's that recalibrate your meter sensor are just taking your money in my opinion. I got the best results by adding a mass air housing screen on the housing inlet to straighten out the incoming air so the sensor wire gets a better reading. There's only one way to find out if the pro-m sensor works on a c&l housing, hook it up, let us know how it works out.

there are several companies that will re-calibrate your meter. I'm with Vristang, you dont want to put sensors in different housings.

First, thank you for all the input...I get what you all are saying, but if the C&L meter housing uses your stock sensor and it measures the air flow with different size sample tubes woundn't the Pro-M meter be better than the stock one? I'm just trying to understand how a stock sensor in a C&L housing would work better than the Pro-M electronics which are supposed to be much better?

What he said....

--PLUS--

The Pro-M sensor is bench tuned to the housing it cam in. Swap it into a different housing and you'll just end up with TWO crappy meters.