Making a Mustang sound like a Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

ya know...your idea seems really tricky...after a while of me thinking about it and mapping out both vehicles and applying mathematical functions to project its probability i finally came up with a solution...

Get a really powerful audio system and a CD of a Ferrari's exhaust note. The only tough part is matching the sound output to your speed.

:rlaugh:

Like someone state before the engine is what determines the sound. Not only does the displacement on the ferraris suck, but yes their cranks throw at different angles. Plus a big contribution to that sound is the stroke of the engine. Ferraris have a very very short stroke. That gives them the high pitched sound you want. Think of the difference between a bullet bike and harley. A bullet bike usually displaces the same 100ci that harley does. A harley however uses the V-twin(two cylinders for the motorcycle illiterate) design which requires a much longer stroke, where as the bullet bike has a 4 banger witha very short stroke in their to achieve that much displacement. That is a big factor in the difference in sound.

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
Like someone state before the engine is what determines the sound. Not only does the displacement on the ferraris suck, but yes their cranks throw at different angles. Plus a big contribution to that sound is the stroke of the engine. Ferraris have a very very short stroke. That gives them the high pitched sound you want. Think of the difference between a bullet bike and harley. A bullet bike usually displaces the same 100ci that harley does. A harley however uses the V-twin(two cylinders for the motorcycle illiterate) design which requires a much longer stroke, where as the bullet bike has a 4 banger witha very short stroke in their to achieve that much displacement. That is a big factor in the difference in sound.
you're ruining the flow :(

tomustang said:
you're ruining the flow :(

Sorry..... I just wanted to give him a real answer so that he can understand why everyone is mocking his question. It is funny though. Might I recommend getting a really powerful audio system and a CD of a Ferrari's exhaust note. The only tough part is matching the sound output to your speed. :rlaugh:

Just kidding....I don't want the starter of this post to feel dumb, please reference my previous reply.

My advice, buy a fiero... remove pos engine thats in there... go find a Z34, Euro or Cutlass with the 3.4DOHC (my old car :)), buy a ferrari muffler... sounds EXACTLY like a Ferrari 355. (3.4dohc or 3.4tdc is 210hp in stock tune, originally made 280 at the factory (supposedly), so theirs alot of potential in those little beasts)...
theres my 2 cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.