Maximum Motorsports Customer Service - Did I Call On An Off Day?/please Help.

Firehawk335

May 3, 2006
So I am looking to upgrade my 88GT hatchback. My car is a street car but I am looking for a performance ride. Wrote an email to MM a couple of weeks back and never heard anything. Called LMR today to discuss MM K Member kit and spring rate, rear LCAs, and whether to go Koni Yellow or Bilstein HD for the MM coil over kit. They said I needed to call MM that they would assist in understanding my car and helping get me locked on to exactly what I need.

So I called MM and got a guy that basically said if I am looking for a street car, I should just stay stock everything. He sounded like he enjoyed helping me just as much as going to dentist and was just as interested in selling me a couple of thousand dollars with of parts. He asked me nothing about my car, and when I asked about parts, gave me the same information I had already read on the website. He told me I should call LMR, to which I replied they directed me to MM. He just kept harping that their stuff is performance and if I have a street car its not really intended for that.

Sorry for the rant, but money doesn't fall off trees for me. Being able to invest close to $3k in my car suspension is a one time only move for me and I want to get things right. This doesn't give me any warm and fuzzies by any stretch of the imagination that going with there stuff is the right move.

Can anyone tell me if I just got a bad guy, or is this the norm from MM and if so, other reputable companies that are more interested in earning my business?

Where I had gotten to under my own reading was this:

I want a street car friendly K Member for the extra clearances for headers/etc it will get me. I wanted to understand the spring rate as I see there is a range of 250-325, so which rate would be recommended for me, or at least, what would say 275 get me vs 325.

In terms of rear LCAs, I was between the Sport or HD adjustables, because I couldn't find one way or another which would be better other than Sport are Good, HD are Better, and both are street suitable. And both "with only a minimal change in NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness)." I did see one side had a spherical bushing rather than poly, but would it make that much of a difference and would the difference be worth it.

I also asked about whether to go Koni Yellow or Bilstein HD for their coilover setup to which I was told, well Koni are adjustable and Bilstein aren't. (Thanks for reading the website like I did.)

So at the end, can anyone say that when they ran into issues with MM stuff, tech support was pretty descent to assist? And can anyone help with recommendations based on the bit of narrowing down I have done?

• Sponsors (?)

get a hold of Jack Hidley @ MM, He is their tech guru ( he is more active on Corral.)
I've never had anything but positive interactions with MM
They never try and sell you parts you don't need.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, what Mike says. Jack is a great guy.

I had delay on my emails as well, but that could have been caused by me sending them at the beginning of race season.

So, haven't had that issue with them. If you can get Jack, he'll set you up.

So I called mm back this time to sales and talk about a night and day difference. Sean I think he said his name was, was extremely friendly and helpful. Answered all my questions, gave me recommendations, and even apologized for the earlier call I experienced. Talk about how customer service is supposed to be!

Reactions: 1 users