MegaSquirt 2

93SCGT

Apr 30, 2019
OH
I picked up a MS2 for my 93GT. It came with a pnp cable. I am seriously gun shy about installing. I am not very good with computers or software. If anyone can get me started in the right direction and help me with the process, it would be greatly appreciated. I hear good reviews about using this system, but nervous about getting it going. Are there maps out there to just download and install? TIA.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, Exercising caution is a good sign, MS2PNP (8693)- correct? I’d dropped 2 links below to research it further, a link for integration to the specific Forum...there are are also basic Tuning forums here, on Stangnet.
TunerStudio lite is great Software, as is. If desired, you can eventually go to Pro, use their Wideband 02 setup/Controller. I’d run a Wideband 02(Air/Fuel mixture) Sensor/Gauge, anyway.,
A slightly modded Stock 5.0 Bin file is preloaded onto the MS2, meant to be a plug & play setup. If the Car is stock, or has mod’s not requiring Tune changes in order for it to run, you should have nothing but gains.
Just follow the instructions to the letter, use available resources, Xenocron’s a great spot for products or information , too.
When making any changes, start small & test. Jot down each step/change you make. Over a short duration, it’ll be easy.
Any programming snags, happy to help.
Good luck!

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/install/ford/megasquirt-your-mustang-5-0/

http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php/tuner-studio/tunerstudioms-menu

Or you can stick around right here and read the resources in the digital tuning forum. In my signature there are links to pages you can find information on.
The first step is to familiarize yourself with the software, start by reading some of the other threads guys have going and see what they have done.
As for a wideband I highly suggest using the spartan2 from 14point7 it was designed for use with the megasquirt platform.

Or you can stick around right here and read the resources in the digital tuning forum. In my signature there are links to pages you can find information on.
The first step is to familiarize yourself with the software, start by reading some of the other threads guys have going and see what they have done.
As for a wideband I highly suggest using the spartan2 from 14point7 it was designed for use with the megasquirt platform.
I've heard great things about you, lol. I will definitely do some more reading and research. Like I said, computers aren't my friend. I can turn wrenches with the best, but software is a little over my head right now.

Reactions: 1 users
@a91what is our tuning guru and can easily help assist with getting moving in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum and glad to have another MS User on the forum

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard great things about you, lol. I will definitely do some more reading and research. Like I said, computers aren't my friend. I can turn wrenches with the best, but software is a little over my head right now.
What is a pnp cable?
You are not writing software, you are using it.
You are using a computer to post to this forum & you had to learn to navigate the browser, true?
You have heard of applications, some of which are called apps?
You have probably used Microsoft Word & Excel?
Tuner Studio is just another application known as a User Interface (UI).
If you have ever used an OBD2 code reader, it's a UI for all vehicles made since 1996.

I see I am building a positive reputation.
When you are ready, we can get you started in the right direction. Glad to have you on board and welcome to :SN:

I see I am building a positive reputation.
When you are ready, we can get you started in the right direction. Glad to have you on board and welcome to :SN:
I've read about adding resistors and running wires from pins to sensors. Is this all true? So once I install it it, what do I do for startup?

What is a pnp cable?
You are not writing software, you are using it.
You are using a computer to post to this forum & you had to learn to navigate the browser, true?
You have heard of applications, some of which are called apps?
You have probably used Microsoft Word & Excel?
Tuner Studio is just another application known as a User Interface (UI).
If you have ever used an OBD2 code reader, it's a UI for all vehicles made since 1996.
No, I don't use Excel. I work with tools every day. I use a smartphone, but if I F it up, I'm out a couple hundred bucks. No need to be an ass.

Before we dive down that path, what version of the MS are you planning on purchasing. Link the product for me.
I picked one up at a great price from a guy in our local club. Heres what i have, if you can tell from this. I paid well under half of that listed price.

Attachments

• received_2255645188026912.jpeg
    received_2255645188026912.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 124
  • received_958252614384590.jpeg
    received_958252614384590.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 123
The pics explain a lot, thanks. The bottom box is the Megasquirt, top box is a cable adapter made from an old EEC-IV with the ECU removed. It takes the 37-pin D-sub connector on the MS to the Ford 60-pin. That was the only option 11 years ago, but I believe they still sell those kits today. Then as now, you have to make a cable converter OR cut off the 60-pin engine harness OR tap into the harness cable. Later on, they added the DIYPNP kits, all in one box, then came the assembled MS2PNP. The problem is the Ford 60-pin connector which is almost unavailable. I only know of one place that has them because they bought all remaining in existence.

either, if you want to talk about the paid services i offer then we need to do that in a PM.
Here's what I have. I haven't owned the car long, and most everything was done already.
Stock 302 block, cam and heads.
TFS upper and lower intake
30lb injectors
70mm TB and EGR spacer
Shortie headers
2 1/2" exhaust
Vortech V-1 Supercharger
255lph fuel pump
I know stock heads are terrible, but new aren't in the budget yet.