Megasquirt Digital Dash

• Sponsors (?)

Very curious about this dash myself, they look really good! Is there a kit for the SN95+ cars? I think 94-2004 use same cluster size/design, just different wiring? Any option for the other "idiot lights" these cars have from the factory? ABS, Airbags, etc?

How is glare when sun is out etc?

Yes, you are correct that the 94-04 use the same cluster housing, so they are all the same dash wise. Most wire in LED Lights to the factory harness in the (-) to ground and the (+) to the indicator light as its 12V+ when active.

The screen has a matte anti-glare finish along with fitting in the factory location on the bezel for additional factory look/protection.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you can wire in LED lights into the factory harness. You will wires the (-) to ground and the (+) to the indicator light on the factory harness since its a 12V+ when active.

Have you installed led lights in yours or have pics of anyone elses? I am wondering where some have put the led lights. How do the led lights
mount that you offer on your site?

Have you installed led lights in yours or have pics of anyone elses? I am wondering where some have put the led lights. How do the led lights
mount that you offer on your site?

The LED Light come pre-installed in the bezel with just a mounting holder. You can have them placed anywhere on the bezel desired, but most put them in the normal top L/R sides of the screen.

I was looking at a wiring diagram for the factory wire harnesses and it looks pretty straight forward
to tap into ground and blinker/high beam positives. My question is there is 12v input wiring can those wires from the
factory harnesses be used to power the digital dash?

I was looking at a wiring diagram for the factory wire harnesses and it looks pretty straight forward
to tap into ground and blinker/high beam positives. My question is there is 12v input wiring can those wires from the
factory harnesses be used to power the digital dash?

You can tap into the red/green wire of the factory harness for the 12V ignition source and ground to the dash's metal frame. But, you will need to tap into another source for 12V battery constant though, since there isnt a source in the factory harness.

Is there a Gen2 DD EFI being working on?
Like Steve mentioned above the Digital Dash is currently on V2.5, but are working on V3 right now to meet the needs many have asked for. We have upgraded to large capacity 3D printers to allow for one piece bezels, integrated all main components onto a single pcb board, and upgraded to latest computer and OS.

V3 will support an internal I/O module that will be able to incorporate digital and analog sensors. This means that your factory fuel level sensor, turn signals, high beams, etc can all be integrated into the dash connecting to the Megasquirt via CanBus providing a better connection over the standard USB. Lastly, it will have the ability to provide a Push Start option for another modern touch.

87-93 Mustang Instrument Cluster Wiring.png
Fuel Level Circuit.png

This is great news! Excited to see how this works. So with V3 would your fuel level/high beam/turn signal wiring go to the back of the dash? Is there a tentative release date on V3?

This is great news! Excited to see how this works. So with V3 would your fuel level/high beam/turn signal wiring go to the back of the dash? Is there a tentative release date on V3?
We will have 2 versions of the dash... the standard we sell now [with upgrades] and a new unit that will have inputs and outputs.

The [we dont have a name yet, lets call it the X unit for sake of ease] X unit will basically be an MS unit itself, it will have digital inputs that can be used for indication or even things like AC idle up and nitrous activation ect. it will also accept sensor inputs and has a dedicated fuel level input. The X unit also has 2 high current outputs [Low/ground side] that are capable of driving a 5amp load, switching a relay, driving a boost controller, or PWM a fan, ect.

The X unit will give someone with an MS2 or Microsquirt an easy way to really upgrade the system and add functionality.

The X unit will canbus with the Megasquirt making it the most reliable connection currently available.

I cant say much more than this until we are done with testing... but we have all the necessary parts in hand already, the first test unit will be installed in my car in the next month.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users