methods of mounting vid camera in car??

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
once i get my car back running and take it too the track. i'd really like to put the camera in the car with me a record a 1/4 mile pass. but i havent thought of a way to mount the camera. our local track doesnt allow passengers in the car so i'm SOL

just seeing if anyone has done something simple and effective thats pretty solid and wont let the camera flop around.

• Sponsors (?)

Many people mount cameras to the roll cage cross bar in the rear seat. If you don't have a roll cage, you can't do this obviously. MAybe you can make a bracket and bolt it to the rear trim peice is behind the headliner...(between headliner and back hatch)

Another cool option would be a helmet cam!!

What i want is a mount outside the car and a way to block the oncoming air from distorting the sound. This way i can mount the camera on the outside of the car and get good running exhaust clips. I tried to belt the camera to the outside of the door frame, and this worked awesome for video, but as soon as you start moving the air rushes the mic and all you hear is rushing air. I thought about even buying a sound recorder and mounting it on the rear bumper so maybe some wind gets blocked.

i use somthing similar to this
http://www.stickypod.com/video_camera_mount.html

knxv_dash3_small.jpg

Many people mount cameras to the roll cage cross bar in the rear seat. If you don't have a roll cage, you can't do this obviously. MAybe you can make a bracket and bolt it to the rear trim peice is behind the headliner...(between headliner and back hatch)

Another cool option would be a helmet cam!!

Those helmet cams are sweet. I saw one around $250, and it's the extereme version. It looks easier to attach to anything. They usually are used by guys doing jumps on bikes, but they're starting to use them at the race track as well.