Engine Mhs Cam Degree Service

rattlecan96gt

Dec 22, 2016
Dallas, Texas
So I was ignorant and installed stage 2 n/a pi cams from MHS without degreeing them, so ofcourse I have PTV issues. I thought I would get lucky and get away with it and that is not the case. So the plan is to pull the cams out and send them to Jordan to have him degree them since im doing all this on a gravel road and his expertise is way better than mine.

My question is what all do I need to do to make the re-install with these degreed cams go smoothly will I still need to remove the front cover or can I install them with the timing chain wedge I have been using?

• Sponsors (?)

Two things: (edit, ok more than two)

1: Jordan knows his stuff and can degree the cams to his engine. That being said, all engines are different. Todd Warren (NASVT) will tell you to degree each cam on your specific combo and EVERY time something is changed. Case in point: My same cams were retarded 8 degrees on my built motor but advanced 2 on this motor. Same cams, chains, sprockets etc.

2: You will need to remove cam covers, drop ac and power steering, and remove the front cover to remove and install these yourself.

The tools to degree them are about $225 or so to purchase and then you own them forever. I learned how to do it by watching a youtube video of a guy doing it in a thunderbird 4.6 car. It can be done in the car but is obviously easier on a stand.

You will also need to buy trick flow adjustable crank gears and I highly recommend ARP cam bolts and a crank bolt.

Go to Todd's facebook page (NASVT just search that) and that is a TON of knowledge and info out there. He even responds to questions etc on facebook.

NA SVT Camshafts, Modular Tech Group

Reactions: 1 users