MID PIPE Question

silver2v

Mar 4, 2010
My stang has Flowmaster original 40s and they sound pretty good but I want it to be more agressive but I have to run cats. So would a high flow catted H make it louder and more agressive? Also I have heard Flows sound bad with x pipes is this so?

• Sponsors (?)

That is the set up im going for at the end of the month, im having a full custom system made from the manifolds back with high flow cats H and original 40's, If you want a deep aggressive tone the H is the way to go, and sounds best with the flows, i had the same set up on my tbird, granted the muffler placement is different but take a listen the you tube link is in my sig.
Edit: only difference is i had Delta Flow 40's not original, the Original will def sound better.

Yes, the catted h pipe will make your car much louder. It sounds great with flows. Some think it is overplayed, but I like the sound.

My stang has Flowmaster original 40s and they sound pretty good but I want it to be more agressive but I have to run cats. So would a high flow catted H make it louder and more agressive? Also I have heard Flows sound bad with x pipes is this so?

Do you "have" to because of the law? Or for other reasons (too loud, drone, etc.)?

I ask because if it's for other reasons, I would HIGHLY recommend a Prochamber. It's a noticeably amount quieter than an offroad H, but a bit louder than a catted H. Has very little drone. Sounds GREAT. I get tons of compliments on the exhaust. Just a suggestion if you can do that.

I have to runs cats because it is the law here in Cobb county but this leads me to another question the car would still pass emissions with a high flow H right?