Missing the old ride... Out with the old in with the new...

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Old Probe... I miss it.... all the time... and work, Swap.... KLZE mazda... New trans... countless mods... blah ... sold for $3500 for the $3900 Mustang... Looking at these pics makes me so sad... i miss that little v6... *cries* this mustang needs to get modded b4 i end up selling it... its just that the stang has so much more potential... and i like speed... i miss sitting 3'' from the ground...

DSCF0914.jpg

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0911.jpg

DSCF0900.jpg

8661b167.jpg

DSCF0912.jpg

DSCF0855.jpg

c5603f72.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

RICER:
DSCF0380.jpg

Mustang:
mustang2.jpg

mustang.jpg

mustang3.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0914.jpg
    DSCF0914.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF0908.jpg
    DSCF0908.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0911.jpg
    DSCF0911.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF0900.jpg
    DSCF0900.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 8661b167.jpg
    8661b167.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF0912.jpg
    DSCF0912.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0855.jpg
    DSCF0855.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 82
  • c5603f72.jpg
    c5603f72.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF0871.jpg
    DSCF0871.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00065.jpg
    DSC00065.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF0380.jpg
    DSCF0380.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 67
  • mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 85
  • mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 107
  • mustang3.jpg
    mustang3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00106.jpg
    DSC00106.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

Stang is slower then the probe... but has alot of potential... i just dont have the cash to mod it right now... and i just dont wanna find my self selling it to buy something else...

Ps. I cant spell...

Adam95GT said:
Stang is slower then the probe... but has alot of potential... i just dont have the cash to mod it right now... and i just dont wanna find my self selling it to buy something else...

Ps. I cant spell...

Patience. I'm a broke college kid too.
I got my '95 instead of an '01 GT so I could throw the rest of the insurance money from my V6 at my '66.
My '66 hasn't been running since 2003. But now I am about to get the ball rolling on getting the 5.0 into it. Like I say, patience and it will all work out.

Besides, your '95 is probably a lot more fun that the Probe could've ever been. Just grab some girls, drop the top and go to the beach.:nice:

i surf so it is fun to drop down the top and take it to the beach... And yes this car is going to get dropped... but i dont have a spring compressor... with the probe i cut off a coil on the lowering spring... then i didnt even need the compressor... lol The mustang is fun... has a little bit of ping though... 203k on it now... but it still runs strong... few little things that do have to get fixed... but it will all get done in time... but probes are fun cars man... i learned alot from them... but my first car was a 84 mustang lx my dad gave me... i just bought the mustang to replace the probe... i kinda wish i held out for a coupe... i dont like verts much... heavy as all hell... but it was kind of like some kid offered me $$ for the probe... and i had inspection comming up and the probe had a few codes... figured it was time to move on... found this mustang 2 days later the probe was gone at 11 am... i picked up the stang at 3.... really was an impulse buy... lol

I might try to drop the mustang on my own... my friend helped me with the probe... do the struts stay in place oor do they spin around when you try to loosen the bolt... i know the probe didnt need any special tools but i know on some cars the struts just spin in circles when you try to take the nut off the top...

Ford Motorsport C-springs: $109
Look great and if they aren't quite low enough you can always cut a little off of them to get the look you want. I cut mine a little and it didn't compromise ride quality at all. Btw, they are very easy to change.

Nice Probe. I was all set to buy one before I got my Mustang, but the dealership went under before I could get it.

The Stang looks really good for 200K. Nice find. :nice:

Just say "no" to rice! The first step it to realize that you have a problem. You have done that. This site (94-95) is like an intervention. You made the right choice. Of course there will be times that you want to remember your rice days fondly. But when you see how much you've gained since you've left it behind, you feel much better. Please, don't have a relapse. "12 steps", remember?

Be patient. I've had my 94 for a year. I'm still amassing parts for the ugrades I have planned. It's my DD, so I have to make sure to get it right the first time. I am currently enjoying it, the way it is.

Caldwell said:
Don't take this the wrong way man... but your probe was ugly as sin. And I wasn't even going to go there with the purple engine bay.

Once you start modding, you'll forget that you even had a probe.

dude, i didnt want to be the first one to say it because i didnt want someone from "Team Feelings" to come in here and complain about me. but im in total agreeance. That is literally the typical rice. Guages, all sorts of nonsequential colors. Not bashing, just observing. But the stang looks mint for the miles. Im impressed.

AznStanger3v said:
dude, i didnt want to be the first one to say it because i didnt want someone from "Team Feelings" to come in here and complain about me. but im in total agreeance. That is literally the typical rice. Guages, all sorts of nonsequential colors. Not bashing, just observing. But the stang looks mint for the miles. Im impressed.

It was all black white and purple... the under glow was a street glow 7 color led with rpm change and other stuff... it was normaly on white glow... the gauges were there for a reason stock tack was off about 700RPM when i got up near 7k... Gauges were blacked out as well i thought this car was clean as hell... not rice...

Old stang my first car.... http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/606000-606999/606915_10_full.jpg

i prefer notches, then foxes, then sn-95's
www.frankenprobe.com <-- fast ass probe...

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call his probe "rice" the car is clean looking and he did some decent peformance mods to it. I consider rice to be the triple wing spoiler, giant-ass carbon fiber hood scoop, side skirts and front airdam that hit the ground every time you go over a pebble, a billions stickers for performance products you don't even own, etc. The only ricish thing I see is the ground effect lighting.

gears and exhaust will pretty much put you ahead of that probe with a 14.8 1/4 mile. A decent drop on the mustang and it'll be sexier than the probe as well...

It's actually a clean little car minus the underglow and engine colors, I wouldn't mind that for a commuter...the lowering job looks sharp.

thats lowered on cut drop zone springs... 2 coils off in the rear one in thr front... looked damn nice... for anyone intrested in the mods ill post them... that 14.8 was considering my VRIS system wasnt tuned because the 96 was on the obd2 ecu and the KLZE only came with an OBD ecu... so i had a bunch of VRIS points and fuel curves out of wack... i was planning on putting on MSD digital RPM window switched to controll it but never got around to putting them on b4 i sold the car... just that alone would of had me down to 14.4's alone... throw on a set of headers n test pipe and id break low 14's i beat a few MGT's at atco with this car the owners were suprised... lol i miss having a car that had zero exectations of being fast... with a mustang everyone thinks its fast already when in reality its a low 15's stocker... lol
Mods:
KLZE(200hp stock) mazda JDM Swap, Mx-3 flywheel 13 lbs,MSD Window Switches, Exedy Clutch, Autometer Gauge pods, cold air intake, Custom 2.5 inch exhaust with flowmaster super 40 muffler, Slammed with cut Dropzone Springs, SS clutch line, Short throw custom shifter, optima red top... the underglow was sort of a joke for when i was at the track... id rice out for ****s n giggles when running my friends camarros and stuff... lol

AznStanger3v said:

The guages look like what you see in your typical stang :rolleyes:

The purple in the engine bay is the only thing that doesn't look right on that car, and it's far from being "typical rice".

Sorry for going :OT: I just get tired of hearing everything being called "rice" for no apparent reason.

thanks yea i didnt know a black automeeter tach was rice either... espically a 3 and 3/4 its not like its ahuge 5 and 1/2 or anything... i just hope i can bring something to the table when it comes to mustangs... i mean yea i still do help friends with their civics... i dont car who you are... its a hobby what ever way you look at it... to me import domestic debate always ends in ... they are both cars... doesent matter what you like more... but the probe aside from boosting it wasnt gonna be street leagal and make it in to the 13's easily... thats why i fine my self here... im looking to build a mid 13 daily driver... that looks clean... no body kits for me... i just wish i had a coupe.. the vert is so heavy.. if the stock tach is off in the stang... you will see gauges... and i will put gauges in place of the stock clock... dash lights only come on when its 2 late... and to clear it up... the TB was pollished the VC's were done in gloss black... and the intake maifold was the only thing really done in purple... and thats because im sick of seeing blue on cars... and im tired of red... and anodized purple was different... it set my car apart... i really wish my mustang was white too... lol i love white cars... i just have to get used to having a non quad cam motor... and having more room to work... lol probe was kinda cramped under that hood

If things had gone a little differently, we'd all be driving Probes right now. :D

Personally, I think your old ride looks great.