MM K member - spindles & offsets

So I emailed MM about a few questions and they haven't got back to me.

The MM K member moves the front tires forward .75", with a arm options to cancel the offset, use the offset, or increase the offset by another .75" (for a total of 1.5"). They also recommend the 96-04 spindles.

I'm considering the SC replica 17x9 wheels, which run a +24mm offset and 5.95 backspacing. With a whole MM setup (K member, coil overs, A arms), should I run the 94/95 spindles, or the 96+ spindles (Car will be lowered ~1-1.5")? I'm assuming I should run the fox length A arms, but which offset (0, +.75", + 1.5") should I run to avoid rubbing/interference issues?

Bonus q: Would I need steering limiters with this setup?

• Sponsors (?)

the control arms affect wheel base. negative arm option is suggested for street cars/drag cars. anything neutral arm option or forward offset option poses the risk of hitting bumper trim.

they show pics of where it places wheels. for my car, street/drag car, im using reverse offset. it places wheels in oem position. i wouldn't run the other options unless your pretty serious into auto-x.

i would use the 94-95 spindles for wheel positioning. i had 96+ and it looked goofy, the wheels stuck out further then the back. i never liked it. you may want rack limiters if you can't control your arms turning the wheel.

mine doesn't rub at full lock, 9" wheels clear the tubular arms.. they might just touch the inner wheel liner though. remember, 91-93 have bigger wheel wells.

Thanks 281.

I guess I'll source me some 94/95 spindles then. Although I doubt I'll have to worry about the fronts being wider then the backs because I'll be running 10" out back.

The 91-93 fenders are wider, correct? I can bolt those up for more room I suppose?

91-93 Fenders are not wider but instead the wheel opening in those years was larger to accomodate a larger 16" pony or Cobra rim. Like the 17" wheels used on the 93 Cobra R.That is why the front of fender ground effects on the 91 -93 GT cars will not work on the 90- 87 GT's

Send an email to Dave Z @ TeamZ Suspension. They make an incredible product at affordable prices. I was going MM too but this is going on the 92 instead. Dave has answered all our questions, was on the phone an hour about suspension geometry. Customer service is above and beyond.

de8628c7.jpg

Attachments

• de8628c7.jpg
    de8628c7.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 324