Moates QH service

f8tlfiveo

My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.
Aug 8, 2007
Lancaster, PA
My car caught on fire in January and there was some damage to my quarterhorse. So I took the computer and quarterhorse out and let them dry out. The qh board looked ok but the plug that connects to the computer was deformed a bit. So I got an rms for return to fix the plug, sent it back to moates. I was expecting a small charge to replace the plug if it was fixable. Just got it back yesterday.. Brand new board with no charge, not even return shipping. This is awesome customer service. I am sooo glad I bought this product instead of any of the others. But I just wanted to make sure this deed didn't go unnoticed. Has anyone else had an experience with moates like this?

• Sponsors (?)

That's good to know. Moates is a bit "underground" compared to some of the big name tuner companies, so I've always been worried that I'd be hung out to dry if I ever had problems. Sounds like that's not the case!

I've always heard good things about Moates, just a little intimidating for most people with such a steep learning curve. Glad to hear they can at least run a business though, can't say the same for a lot these other places.

I've always heard good things about Moates, just a little intimidating for most people with such a steep learning curve. Glad to hear they can at least run a business though, can't say the same for a lot these other places.
Yes it is intimidating, that's why I let someone else do the tune. I pay 100$ for a street tune.. Never had a problem

Yes it is intimidating, that's why I let someone else do the tune. I pay 100$ for a street tune.. Never had a problem

Did you have a dyno tune or just out of the box tune? I am interested in chipping my car but there's more than a few unknowns....mainly internals and cam, which is high on important known list I would imagine. Trying to locate a reputable shop locally with little luck.

No it wasn't a dyno tune. I drive the car and datalog, then send the log to my tuner via email. He looks at it, changes stuff and sends me another tune. If you go to eectuning.org you can get some good info about tuning with a quarterhorse

No it wasn't a dyno tune. I drive the car and datalog, then send the log to my tuner via email. He looks at it, changes stuff and sends me another tune. If you go to eectuning.org you can get some good info about tuning with a quarterhorse

Just curious....is this the way to go? Say you plan on doing various mods etc w/o being tied to a tuner/locked in to certain settings? I need to bone up on the info I think. What do you need a laptop in the car to log?

I personally like this method, yes a laptop is needed. It ran about 600$ to get everything you need to get started. A wideband is a must, but you will want one no matter what tuner you use. Pretty much an unlimited amount of tuning. Go to that website and look around